[Fwd: New Zealand butterflies... can you help with photographs please?]

  • Jacqui Knight
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2006
      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject: New Zealand butterflies... can you help with photographs please?
      Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 21:32:56 +1200
      From: Jacqui Knight <jacqui@...>
      To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com

      Hoping that butterfly enthusiasts may be able to help us at the Monarch
      Butterfly NZ Trust. (www.monarch.org.nz)

      We are embarking on a transect exercise ourselves this season, and we
      need to be able to show people our butterflies - apart from the Monarch
      and Cabbage White they're relatively unknown. If anyone has high
      resolution photographs of any of the following that they would be
      willing to share with our trust, please could you let me know:

      Forest Ringlet Dondoidia helmsii

      Glade Copper Lycaena feredayi

      Common Copper Lycaena salustius

      Rauparaha’s Copper Lycaena rauparaha

      Painted Lady Cynthia kershawi

      Meadow Argus Junovia villido calybe

      White Butterfly Pieris rapae rapae

      Lesser Wanderer Danaus chrysippus petilia

      Boulder Butterfly Lycaena boldenarum boldenarum

      Common Blue Zizina labradus labradus

      Southern Blue Zizina labradus oxleyi

      Lemon Migrant Catopsilla pomona pomona

      Evening Brown Melanitis leda bankia

      Blue Moon Hypolimnas bolina nerina

      Monarch Danaus plexippus

      Black Mountain Ringlet Percnodaimon merula

      Long Tailed Blue Lampides boeticus

      Blue Tiger Tirumala hamatus hamatus

      Yellow Admiral Bassaris itea

      Red Admiral Bassaris gonerilla gonerilla; Bassaris gonerilla ida
      (Chatham Islands)

      Butlers Ringlet Erebiola butleri

      Tussock Butterflies Argyrophenga species; Argyrophenga antipodum;
      Argyrophenga janitae; Argyrophenga harrisi

      --

      Russell, Bay of Islands, New Zealand
      www.monarch.org.nz (Monarch Butterfly NZ Trust)

      Jacqui : www.madambutterfly.co.nz