Leucanthemum vulgare - edible flowers?

  • robinjw13
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 25, 2006
      In various places across the web I see Oxeye Daisy (Leucanthemum
      vulgare) is listed as having edible flowers. To me they taste ok, but
      the PFAF report does not list them as edible. Does anyone know the
      facts, and any possible dangers from eating the flowers?
    • Bob
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 26, 2006
        a book called 'cooking weeds' i have specifies them in several salad recipies.  it's not exactly a botanical reference though... and i've lost the book. something about a sauce rings a bell too.

        http://www.stevensimpsonbooks.com/si/003003.html

        thats the book though. it's got some good tables on vit content in wild flowers as well.

        bob

        On 6/26/06, robinjw13 <robinjw13@...> wrote:

        In various places across the web I see Oxeye Daisy (Leucanthemum
        vulgare) is listed as having edible flowers. To me they taste ok, but
        the PFAF report does not list them as edible. Does anyone know the
        facts, and any possible dangers from eating the flowers?

        _
        .

        --
        gpg key >> http://www.leedsanarchist.info/gpg/bob.key