Mucuna bean

  • Ken Fern
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 16, 2002
      Dear Mikhail.

      Rich passed on your request about Micuna beans. Whilst I do not know of a good source for these beans, I thought that you might be interested in the attached leaflet which gives information on the medicinal uses of the beans.

      Love

      Ken Fern
    • fairly obvious, I suspect
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 28, 2002
        A Christian anti-hunger organization, echonet.org, sells seeds (for US
        $). Spain is drier than the areas of Central America that need green
        manure crops to maintain fertility, so I can't guarrantee success but
        it is worth a try. Mucuna has been used, post-treatment, as a famine
        food but "pruriens" means "causes itchiness," and there is some toxity
        so I wouldn't eat it, myself, for medicine or food.

        God bless,
        Erik