Re: was Why Pesticides, now Better Gardeners/Farmers...

  • icculus2000@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 30, 2006
      I would point those discussing this thread toward the example of Masanobu Fukuoka of Japan, who uses no synthetic pesticides or fertiliser, weeds only by introducing fish (in the case of rice) or poultry to his fields, and has gone for decades without tilling his land.  All the while he recorded above average yields compared to conventional and "scientific" agriculture.

      Namaste.

      Steve.

      "For about thirty years I wandered,
      Searching for the real Tao everywhere.
      How many times did I see the trees
      Grow new branches and watch the old leaves fall.
      But at this moment, seeing the peach blossoms,
      Suddenly there are no more doubts."

       - Huang Shan-ku (1045 – 1105)