looking for wild food experts

  • Richard Morris
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 18, 2006
      I UK TV producer rang me the other day looking for people knowledgable
      in wild foods. Copy of her email below. Rich

      --
      Hi Richard,
      Could you pass this around to any interested parties?

      Viking Film and Television are developing a programme for a major
      terrestrial channel based around wild foods . We are looking for wild
      food experts, people that have a lot of foraging experience and
      practical wild living knowledge in Britain.
      Please get in touch with Miriam Cooke or Nigel Horne at 01833 695530
      or email miriamcooke@....

      Miriam Cooke

      Viking Film and Television

      44 The Bank, Barnard Castle, Co Durham, DL12 8PN

      T 01833 695530 MOB 07740428038 E miriamcooke@...

      www.vikingfilmandtv.co.uk
    • Susi Maxwell-Stewart
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 19, 2006
        i thought this might be useful for like minded people if it is not what
        you are interested and you know any famous person in brighton who is
        not a politician please contact the man
        i am also aware that it during the Brighton festival so if you know
        of anyone who is approachable and will attract attention to this
        important debate please get in contact

        Hi Suzy

        Thanks very much for taking the time to chat on the phone this
        evening, your local knowledge was impressive, and very helpful!

        If you think up any more contacts or could forward me any
        names/numbers/emails etc that would be really good too. Any info is useful.
        I'll send you a bunch of flyers and some posters once they're printed.
        I've also attached a copy of our campaign broadsheet (4 sides) for you
        to peruse at your leisure.

        (details in case you want to forward around:)
        A public meeting is to be held in Brighton to discuss
        unsustainable communities and Ghost Town Britain and a proposed solution - the
        Sustainable Communities Bill. In the last decade Britain has lost a
        fifth of its Post Office network, a quarter of its independent grocery
        stores and a quarter of its bank branches. More traffic, more food
        miles and more climate change emissions as well as less time for
        community activity and engagement - community decline. This proposed Bill
        will give more powers to local communities to make their own decisions
        on local issues, rather than be subject to top down policy from
        distant civil servants in London. Come along and hear about the campaign
        behind the Bill and hear how you can help!

        Date: Thu 18th May
        Time: 7:30-9:30pm
        Venue: East Wing, Brighton Centre, Brighton
        Speakers: Celia Barlow (MP for Hove), David Lepper (MP for Brighton
        Pavilion), Des Turner (MP for Brighton Kemptown), Ron Bailey (Local
        Works Campaign Organiser)
        Chair: TBC

        Best wishes
        Steve

        Stephen Shaw
        Campaign Co-ordinator
        Local Works
        the campaign for the Sustainable Communities Bill
        office: 020 7833 9898
        mobile: 07788 646933

        Local Works needs you! - only through our supporters will
        the Sustainable Communities Bill become law
        sign up at: www.localworks.org

        Switch an email account to Yahoo! Mail, you could win FIFA World Cup tickets.