Re: [pfaf] REF OSAGE ORANGE

  • Now
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 29, 2006
      R! I was just thinking of next winter because now I've collected quitre a few varieties of cool temperate unusual bush sized perennials, climbers and the like...aiming particularly for unusual varieties.that propagate easily by cuttings/root cuttings. I culled these from Plants for a Future and the Agroforestry Research Trust mostly. Currently in the greenhouse (they seem to take best in a humid atmos), I have quite a few groups of cuttings of different things for planting out here and giving away locally. Lots taken this winetr just gone...they're just putting out buds now. Grapevines by the way seem to be the best success rate so far..If you have enough patience you can make as many new plants as you want. I was planning to draw up a list of what I have and offer cuttings free by mail next season. A lot of the stuff is just freshly bought, and I've taken as much cuttings as is possible this year. Actually thinking about it some stuff takes best from cuttings in summer...so now I'm going to have to get right on the case of this and do a full stocktake of what I have. I've done the planting maps...so I have a record of what and where everything is. Stuff like Chocolate Vines,  for example. These sort of plants can be quite expensive if you buy them commericially....especially if you are buying a lot...and as they take so very easily from cuttings it seems foolish not to offer this service. So hopefully next winter I'll put a list up here and you can tell me what you want.

      Thank you.

      Blessings.

      Blessings.

      debi novice <debhlv@...> wrote:
      I have no seeds right now, but live in Osage Orange
      Central- can perhaps get some rooted cuttings to you
      in a few weeks, but you may have to wait until
      september for viable seed- unless I get another source
      before harvest of the balls. deb

      --- lyle_culpjr wrote:

      > DOES ANYBODY HAVE SEEDS OR TREE STARTS OF OSAGE
      > ORANGE (hedge apple)? PLEASE LET
      > ME KNOW I WILL REIMBURSE FOR THE POSTAGE

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • deb
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 29, 2006
        I will see about getting some cuttings as soon as I can gather viable ones. it's still just a
        touch early for them just yet- but it should be soon. When I have some, will let you know,
        and then you can give me a mailing address offlist. If I can find any already-growing wee
        ones, will try grabbing one or two also.

        I adore Osage Orange. I imagine you already know plenty about them, but if you'd like, I
        can also send you a plant talk I did about them for another group.

        What other kind of trees are you growing? What are your criteria for which trees you grow?

        I can think of a lot worse hobbies than trees! How Cool! deb

        --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, <LCULP@...> wrote:

        > THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH DEBI, I'M DISABLED AND REALLY APPRECIATE ANYTHING
        YOU CAN

      • LCULP@SHAWNEELINK.NET
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 29, 2006
          DEB; I'D LOVE SOME OF THE PLAIN TALK. I ALSO HAVE HEARTNUT, BAUARTNUT, CARPITAN ENGLIS
          WALNUT, SCARLET APPLE, SATURN PEACH & STAKS GIANT PEACH , TWO HEIRLOME APPLES, NECTURENE,
          LAKELAND WHITE SEEDLESS GRAPE, SHIRO PLUM, COLLOSSO CHESTNUT, DURBIN CHESTNUT, REVIVALER
          CHESTNUT, BARTTLET PEAR, BLACK WALNUT, WHITE PINE, JUST PLANTED A ICHI-KI-JIRO ORENTAL
          PERSIMMON,FUJI APPLE, STARKS JUMBO APPLE, AM GETTING SOME GOLDENRAIN TREES, SHAGBARK
          HICORY, AM STILL LOOKING FOR MORE TREES. WHAT ALL DO YOU GROW? THE TREES I GROW ARE FOR
          ZONES 6 AND LOWER HOWEVER I'VE FOUND SOME ZONE 7 WILL GROW HERE. I LIKE TO GET SEEDLINGS
          OR EVEN MORE ESTABLISHED ONE 2' UP. I LIKE ODD TREES MANY OF THEM I PREFER TO BEAR SOME
          SORT OF FRUIT OR NUT OR SOMETHING, I EVEN TAKE ORTAMENTLS OR ODD OR RARE TREES, THINGS
          UNUSUAL.

          <tt>
          I will see about getting some cuttings as soon as I can gather viable ones. it's still
          just a <BR>
          touch early for them just yet- but it should be soon.� When I have some, will let you
          know, <BR>
          and then you can give me a mailing address offlist.� If I can find any already-growing wee
          <BR>
          ones, will try grabbing one or two also.<BR>
          <BR>
          I adore Osage Orange.� I imagine you already know plenty about them, but if you'd like, I
          <BR>
          can also send you a plant talk I did about them for another group.� <BR>
          <BR>
          What other kind of trees are you growing?� What are your criteria for which trees you
          grow?� <BR>
          <BR>
          I can think of a lot worse hobbies than trees!� How Cool!� deb<BR>
          <BR>
          <BR>
          --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, <LCULP@...> wrote:<BR>
          ><BR>
          > <BR>
          > THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH DEBI, I'M DISABLED AND REALLY APPRECIATE ANYTHING <BR>
          YOU CAN <BR>
          > DO TO HELP ME. MY HOBBIE IS TREES.<BR>
          ><BR>
          <BR>
          <BR>
          <BR>
          <BR>
          </tt>

          <!-- |**|begin egp html banner|**| -->

          <hr style="border-bottom:1px; width:500px; text-align:left;">
          <tt>YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS</tt>
          <ul>
          <tt><li type=square>�Visit your group "<a
          href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pfaf">pfaf</a>"
          on the web.<br>�</tt>
          href="mailto:pfaf-
          unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe">pfaf-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com</
          a><br>�</tt>
          <tt><li type=square>�Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the <a
          href="http://docs.yahoo.com/
          info/terms/">Yahoo! Terms of Service</a>.</tt>
          </ul>
          <hr style="border-bottom:1px; width:500px; text-align:left;">

          <!-- |**|end egp html banner|**| -->
        • debi novice
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 29, 2006
            You say "blessings" twice, and I understand that's
            supposed to be some sort of blanket soothing, but who
            are you? I have had too many backdoor solicitors on
            too many of my groups, not to wonder at one who uses
            fuzzies without substance.

            I'm giving for the fun of it. I love Hedge
            (osageorange). Perhaps I should have specified for
            your edification, but I am not planning on even
            requesting postage charges.

            IOW, he gets hedge(osage orange), from me, for
            nothing. Not even for the postage he offered- and he
            gets feral, strong, adaptive kids from me; not
            greenhouse propagates. I don't charge a thing for my
            sharing. I only give the strongest, most adaptive and
            solid propagates possible.

            I don't do hothouse wimpys. I use years of
            dirty-hands, firsthand practice, wild,
            forage/wildcraft experience, to share Mom Earth's
            Gifts.

            Share, is the operative word. there will be no charge
            or recompense involved in my share. that would be
            wrong.

            As smart as thee PFAF files are, the propagate
            instructions are rather across- the- board, and at
            times useless, in a practical sense.

            deb

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Now
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 30, 2006
              Sounds like you'll have a lot of interesting seed there mate!

              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 30, 2006
                oh jesus fucking christ.....

                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 30, 2006
                  way out of order Deb!

                  Now <cromlech108@...> wrote:
                  oh jesus fucking christ.....

                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 30, 2006
                    ADVICE:

                    CHILL OUT....

                    Blessings.

                    Now <cromlech108@...> wrote:
                    way out of order Deb!

                    Now <cromlech108@...> wrote:
                    oh jesus fucking christ.....

                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 31, 2006
                      You are right. I need to apologize to you personally, and also to the group. I won't bore
                      you with any explanation here on group, but please know I do deeply apologize for that.
                      deb.

                      --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, Now <cromlech108@...> wrote:

                      > ADVICE:
                      >
                      > CHILL OUT....
                      >
                      > http://www.soundclick.com/stations/stations.cfm?id=343673
                      >
                      > Blessings.

                    • Dee Harris
                      Message 10 of 13 , Apr 24 5:12 PM
                        Heck, I just wish I had the land to plant such trees
                        on. I love trees especially Engleish oak, Peach and
                        apple trees along with pecan and a bunch of others
                        including a couple of sugar maples and birch.
                        BB,
                        Wolf

                        test'; ">

                        http://mail.yahoo.com