Re: [pfaf] REF OSAGE ORANGE

  • LCULP@SHAWNEELINK.NET
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 28 9:30 AM
      THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH DEBI, I'M DISABLED AND REALLY APPRECIATE ANYTHING YOU CAN
      DO TO HELP ME. MY HOBBIE IS TREES.

      <tt>
      I have no seeds right now, but live in Osage Orange<BR>
      Central- can perhaps get some rooted cuttings to you<BR>
      in a few weeks, but you may have to wait until<BR>
      september for viable seed- unless I get another source<BR>
      before harvest of the balls.� deb<BR>
      <BR>
      <BR>
      <BR>
      --- lyle_culpjr <LCULP@...> wrote:<BR>
      <BR>
      > DOES ANYBODY HAVE SEEDS OR TREE STARTS OF OSAGE<BR>
      > ORANGE (hedge apple)? PLEASE LET <BR>
      > ME KNOW I WILL REIMBURSE FOR THE POSTAGE<BR>
      > <BR>
      > <BR>
      > <BR>
      > <BR>
      <BR>
      <BR>
      Tired of spam?� Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around <BR>
      </tt>

      <!-- |**|begin egp html banner|**| -->

      <hr style="border-bottom:1px; width:500px; text-align:left;">
      <tt>YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS</tt>
      <ul>
      <tt><li type=square>�Visit your group "<a
      href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pfaf">pfaf</a>"
      on the web.<br>�</tt>
      href="mailto:pfaf-
      unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe">pfaf-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com</
      a><br>�</tt>
      <tt><li type=square>�Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the <a
      href="http://docs.yahoo.com/
      info/terms/">Yahoo! Terms of Service</a>.</tt>
      </ul>
      <hr style="border-bottom:1px; width:500px; text-align:left;">

      <!-- |**|end egp html banner|**| -->
    • Now
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 29 2:50 AM
        R! I was just thinking of next winter because now I've collected quitre a few varieties of cool temperate unusual bush sized perennials, climbers and the like...aiming particularly for unusual varieties.that propagate easily by cuttings/root cuttings. I culled these from Plants for a Future and the Agroforestry Research Trust mostly. Currently in the greenhouse (they seem to take best in a humid atmos), I have quite a few groups of cuttings of different things for planting out here and giving away locally. Lots taken this winetr just gone...they're just putting out buds now. Grapevines by the way seem to be the best success rate so far..If you have enough patience you can make as many new plants as you want. I was planning to draw up a list of what I have and offer cuttings free by mail next season. A lot of the stuff is just freshly bought, and I've taken as much cuttings as is possible this year. Actually thinking about it some stuff takes best from cuttings in summer...so now I'm going to have to get right on the case of this and do a full stocktake of what I have. I've done the planting maps...so I have a record of what and where everything is. Stuff like Chocolate Vines,  for example. These sort of plants can be quite expensive if you buy them commericially....especially if you are buying a lot...and as they take so very easily from cuttings it seems foolish not to offer this service. So hopefully next winter I'll put a list up here and you can tell me what you want.

        Thank you.

        Blessings.

        Blessings.

        --- lyle_culpjr wrote:

        > DOES ANYBODY HAVE SEEDS OR TREE STARTS OF OSAGE
        > ORANGE (hedge apple)? PLEASE LET
        > ME KNOW I WILL REIMBURSE FOR THE POSTAGE

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • deb
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 29 4:27 AM
          I will see about getting some cuttings as soon as I can gather viable ones. it's still just a
          touch early for them just yet- but it should be soon. When I have some, will let you know,
          and then you can give me a mailing address offlist. If I can find any already-growing wee
          ones, will try grabbing one or two also.

          I adore Osage Orange. I imagine you already know plenty about them, but if you'd like, I
          can also send you a plant talk I did about them for another group.

          What other kind of trees are you growing? What are your criteria for which trees you grow?

          I can think of a lot worse hobbies than trees! How Cool! deb

          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 29 6:03 PM
            DEB; I'D LOVE SOME OF THE PLAIN TALK. I ALSO HAVE HEARTNUT, BAUARTNUT, CARPITAN ENGLIS
            WALNUT, SCARLET APPLE, SATURN PEACH & STAKS GIANT PEACH , TWO HEIRLOME APPLES, NECTURENE,
            LAKELAND WHITE SEEDLESS GRAPE, SHIRO PLUM, COLLOSSO CHESTNUT, DURBIN CHESTNUT, REVIVALER
            CHESTNUT, BARTTLET PEAR, BLACK WALNUT, WHITE PINE, JUST PLANTED A ICHI-KI-JIRO ORENTAL
            PERSIMMON,FUJI APPLE, STARKS JUMBO APPLE, AM GETTING SOME GOLDENRAIN TREES, SHAGBARK
            HICORY, AM STILL LOOKING FOR MORE TREES. WHAT ALL DO YOU GROW? THE TREES I GROW ARE FOR
            ZONES 6 AND LOWER HOWEVER I'VE FOUND SOME ZONE 7 WILL GROW HERE. I LIKE TO GET SEEDLINGS
            OR EVEN MORE ESTABLISHED ONE 2' UP. I LIKE ODD TREES MANY OF THEM I PREFER TO BEAR SOME
            SORT OF FRUIT OR NUT OR SOMETHING, I EVEN TAKE ORTAMENTLS OR ODD OR RARE TREES, THINGS
            UNUSUAL.

            <tt>
            I will see about getting some cuttings as soon as I can gather viable ones. it's still
            just a <BR>
            touch early for them just yet- but it should be soon.� When I have some, will let you
            know, <BR>
            and then you can give me a mailing address offlist.� If I can find any already-growing wee
            <BR>
            ones, will try grabbing one or two also.<BR>
            <BR>
            I adore Osage Orange.� I imagine you already know plenty about them, but if you'd like, I
            <BR>
            can also send you a plant talk I did about them for another group.� <BR>
            <BR>
            What other kind of trees are you growing?� What are your criteria for which trees you
            grow?� <BR>
            <BR>
            I can think of a lot worse hobbies than trees!� How Cool!� deb<BR>
            <BR>
            <BR>
            --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, <LCULP@...> wrote:<BR>
            ><BR>
            > <BR>
            > THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH DEBI, I'M DISABLED AND REALLY APPRECIATE ANYTHING <BR>
            YOU CAN <BR>
            > DO TO HELP ME. MY HOBBIE IS TREES.<BR>
            ><BR>
            <BR>
            <BR>
            <BR>
            <BR>
            </tt>

            <!-- |**|begin egp html banner|**| -->

            <hr style="border-bottom:1px; width:500px; text-align:left;">
            <tt>YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS</tt>
            <ul>
            <tt><li type=square>�Visit your group "<a
            href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pfaf">pfaf</a>"
            on the web.<br>�</tt>
            href="mailto:pfaf-
            unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe">pfaf-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com</
            a><br>�</tt>
            <tt><li type=square>�Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the <a
            href="http://docs.yahoo.com/
            info/terms/">Yahoo! Terms of Service</a>.</tt>
            </ul>
            <hr style="border-bottom:1px; width:500px; text-align:left;">

            <!-- |**|end egp html banner|**| -->
          • debi novice
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 29 8:24 PM
              You say "blessings" twice, and I understand that's
              supposed to be some sort of blanket soothing, but who
              are you? I have had too many backdoor solicitors on
              too many of my groups, not to wonder at one who uses
              fuzzies without substance.

              I'm giving for the fun of it. I love Hedge
              (osageorange). Perhaps I should have specified for
              your edification, but I am not planning on even
              requesting postage charges.

              IOW, he gets hedge(osage orange), from me, for
              nothing. Not even for the postage he offered- and he
              gets feral, strong, adaptive kids from me; not
              greenhouse propagates. I don't charge a thing for my
              sharing. I only give the strongest, most adaptive and
              solid propagates possible.

              I don't do hothouse wimpys. I use years of
              dirty-hands, firsthand practice, wild,
              forage/wildcraft experience, to share Mom Earth's
              Gifts.

              Share, is the operative word. there will be no charge
              or recompense involved in my share. that would be
              wrong.

              As smart as thee PFAF files are, the propagate
              instructions are rather across- the- board, and at
              times useless, in a practical sense.

              deb

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Now
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 30 4:22 AM
                Sounds like you'll have a lot of interesting seed there mate!

                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 30 11:12 AM
                  oh jesus fucking christ.....

                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 30 11:16 AM
                    way out of order Deb!

                    Now <cromlech108@...> wrote:
                    oh jesus fucking christ.....

                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 30 11:21 AM
                      ADVICE:

                      CHILL OUT....

                      Blessings.

                      Now <cromlech108@...> wrote:
                      way out of order Deb!

                      Now <cromlech108@...> wrote:
                      oh jesus fucking christ.....

                      Message 10 of 13 , Mar 31 5:19 AM
                        You are right. I need to apologize to you personally, and also to the group. I won't bore
                        you with any explanation here on group, but please know I do deeply apologize for that.
                        deb.

                        --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, Now <cromlech108@...> wrote:

                        > ADVICE:
                        >
                        > CHILL OUT....
                        >
                        > http://www.soundclick.com/stations/stations.cfm?id=343673
                        >
                        > Blessings.

                      • Dee Harris
                        Message 11 of 13 , Apr 24, 2006
                          Heck, I just wish I had the land to plant such trees
                          on. I love trees especially Engleish oak, Peach and
                          apple trees along with pecan and a bunch of others
                          including a couple of sugar maples and birch.
                          BB,
                          Wolf

                          test'; ">

                          http://mail.yahoo.com