REF OSAGE ORANGE

  • lyle_culpjr
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 27 8:25 PM
      DOES ANYBODY HAVE SEEDS OR TREE STARTS OF OSAGE ORANGE (hedge apple)? PLEASE LET
      ME KNOW I WILL REIMBURSE FOR THE POSTAGE
    • debi novice
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 28 6:12 AM
        I have no seeds right now, but live in Osage Orange
        Central- can perhaps get some rooted cuttings to you
        in a few weeks, but you may have to wait until
        september for viable seed- unless I get another source
        before harvest of the balls. deb

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • LCULP@SHAWNEELINK.NET
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 28 9:30 AM
          THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH DEBI, I'M DISABLED AND REALLY APPRECIATE ANYTHING YOU CAN
          DO TO HELP ME. MY HOBBIE IS TREES.

          <tt>
          I have no seeds right now, but live in Osage Orange<BR>
          Central- can perhaps get some rooted cuttings to you<BR>
          in a few weeks, but you may have to wait until<BR>
          september for viable seed- unless I get another source<BR>
          before harvest of the balls.� deb<BR>
          <BR>
          <BR>
          <BR>
          --- lyle_culpjr <LCULP@...> wrote:<BR>
          <BR>
          > DOES ANYBODY HAVE SEEDS OR TREE STARTS OF OSAGE<BR>
          > ORANGE (hedge apple)? PLEASE LET <BR>
          > ME KNOW I WILL REIMBURSE FOR THE POSTAGE<BR>
          > <BR>
          > <BR>
          > <BR>
          > <BR>
          <BR>
          <BR>
          Tired of spam?� Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around <BR>
          </tt>

          <!-- |**|begin egp html banner|**| -->

          <hr style="border-bottom:1px; width:500px; text-align:left;">
          <tt>YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS</tt>
          <ul>
          <tt><li type=square>�Visit your group "<a
          href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pfaf">pfaf</a>"
          on the web.<br>�</tt>
          href="mailto:pfaf-
          unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe">pfaf-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com</
          a><br>�</tt>
          <tt><li type=square>�Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the <a
          href="http://docs.yahoo.com/
          info/terms/">Yahoo! Terms of Service</a>.</tt>
          </ul>
          <hr style="border-bottom:1px; width:500px; text-align:left;">

          <!-- |**|end egp html banner|**| -->
        • Now
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 29 2:50 AM
            R! I was just thinking of next winter because now I've collected quitre a few varieties of cool temperate unusual bush sized perennials, climbers and the like...aiming particularly for unusual varieties.that propagate easily by cuttings/root cuttings. I culled these from Plants for a Future and the Agroforestry Research Trust mostly. Currently in the greenhouse (they seem to take best in a humid atmos), I have quite a few groups of cuttings of different things for planting out here and giving away locally. Lots taken this winetr just gone...they're just putting out buds now. Grapevines by the way seem to be the best success rate so far..If you have enough patience you can make as many new plants as you want. I was planning to draw up a list of what I have and offer cuttings free by mail next season. A lot of the stuff is just freshly bought, and I've taken as much cuttings as is possible this year. Actually thinking about it some stuff takes best from cuttings in summer...so now I'm going to have to get right on the case of this and do a full stocktake of what I have. I've done the planting maps...so I have a record of what and where everything is. Stuff like Chocolate Vines,  for example. These sort of plants can be quite expensive if you buy them commericially....especially if you are buying a lot...and as they take so very easily from cuttings it seems foolish not to offer this service. So hopefully next winter I'll put a list up here and you can tell me what you want.

            Thank you.

            Blessings.

            Blessings.

            --- lyle_culpjr wrote:

            > DOES ANYBODY HAVE SEEDS OR TREE STARTS OF OSAGE
            > ORANGE (hedge apple)? PLEASE LET
            > ME KNOW I WILL REIMBURSE FOR THE POSTAGE

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • deb
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 29 4:27 AM
              I will see about getting some cuttings as soon as I can gather viable ones. it's still just a
              touch early for them just yet- but it should be soon. When I have some, will let you know,
              and then you can give me a mailing address offlist. If I can find any already-growing wee
              ones, will try grabbing one or two also.

              I adore Osage Orange. I imagine you already know plenty about them, but if you'd like, I
              can also send you a plant talk I did about them for another group.

              What other kind of trees are you growing? What are your criteria for which trees you grow?

              I can think of a lot worse hobbies than trees! How Cool! deb

              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 29 6:03 PM
                DEB; I'D LOVE SOME OF THE PLAIN TALK. I ALSO HAVE HEARTNUT, BAUARTNUT, CARPITAN ENGLIS
                WALNUT, SCARLET APPLE, SATURN PEACH & STAKS GIANT PEACH , TWO HEIRLOME APPLES, NECTURENE,
                LAKELAND WHITE SEEDLESS GRAPE, SHIRO PLUM, COLLOSSO CHESTNUT, DURBIN CHESTNUT, REVIVALER
                CHESTNUT, BARTTLET PEAR, BLACK WALNUT, WHITE PINE, JUST PLANTED A ICHI-KI-JIRO ORENTAL
                PERSIMMON,FUJI APPLE, STARKS JUMBO APPLE, AM GETTING SOME GOLDENRAIN TREES, SHAGBARK
                HICORY, AM STILL LOOKING FOR MORE TREES. WHAT ALL DO YOU GROW? THE TREES I GROW ARE FOR
                ZONES 6 AND LOWER HOWEVER I'VE FOUND SOME ZONE 7 WILL GROW HERE. I LIKE TO GET SEEDLINGS
                OR EVEN MORE ESTABLISHED ONE 2' UP. I LIKE ODD TREES MANY OF THEM I PREFER TO BEAR SOME
                SORT OF FRUIT OR NUT OR SOMETHING, I EVEN TAKE ORTAMENTLS OR ODD OR RARE TREES, THINGS
                UNUSUAL.

                <tt>
                I will see about getting some cuttings as soon as I can gather viable ones. it's still
                just a <BR>
                touch early for them just yet- but it should be soon.� When I have some, will let you
                know, <BR>
                and then you can give me a mailing address offlist.� If I can find any already-growing wee
                <BR>
                ones, will try grabbing one or two also.<BR>
                <BR>
                I adore Osage Orange.� I imagine you already know plenty about them, but if you'd like, I
                <BR>
                can also send you a plant talk I did about them for another group.� <BR>
                <BR>
                What other kind of trees are you growing?� What are your criteria for which trees you
                grow?� <BR>
                <BR>
                I can think of a lot worse hobbies than trees!� How Cool!� deb<BR>
                <BR>
                <BR>
                --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, <LCULP@...> wrote:<BR>
                ><BR>
                > <BR>
                > THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH DEBI, I'M DISABLED AND REALLY APPRECIATE ANYTHING <BR>
                YOU CAN <BR>

                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 29 8:24 PM
                  You say "blessings" twice, and I understand that's
                  supposed to be some sort of blanket soothing, but who
                  are you? I have had too many backdoor solicitors on
                  too many of my groups, not to wonder at one who uses
                  fuzzies without substance.

                  I'm giving for the fun of it. I love Hedge
                  (osageorange). Perhaps I should have specified for
                  your edification, but I am not planning on even
                  requesting postage charges.

                  IOW, he gets hedge(osage orange), from me, for
                  nothing. Not even for the postage he offered- and he
                  gets feral, strong, adaptive kids from me; not
                  greenhouse propagates. I don't charge a thing for my
                  sharing. I only give the strongest, most adaptive and
                  solid propagates possible.

                  I don't do hothouse wimpys. I use years of
                  dirty-hands, firsthand practice, wild,
                  forage/wildcraft experience, to share Mom Earth's
                  Gifts.

                  Share, is the operative word. there will be no charge
                  or recompense involved in my share. that would be
                  wrong.

                  As smart as thee PFAF files are, the propagate
                  instructions are rather across- the- board, and at
                  times useless, in a practical sense.

                  deb

                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 30 4:22 AM
                    Sounds like you'll have a lot of interesting seed there mate!

                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 30 11:12 AM
                      oh jesus fucking christ.....

                      Message 10 of 13 , Mar 30 11:16 AM
                        way out of order Deb!

                        Now <cromlech108@...> wrote:
                        oh jesus fucking christ.....

                        Message 11 of 13 , Mar 30 11:21 AM
                          ADVICE:

                          CHILL OUT....

                          Blessings.

                          Now <cromlech108@...> wrote:
                          way out of order Deb!

                          Now <cromlech108@...> wrote:
                          oh jesus fucking christ.....

                          Message 12 of 13 , Mar 31 5:19 AM
                            You are right. I need to apologize to you personally, and also to the group. I won't bore
                            you with any explanation here on group, but please know I do deeply apologize for that.
                            deb.

                            --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, Now <cromlech108@...> wrote:

                            > ADVICE:
                            >
                            > CHILL OUT....
                            >
                            > http://www.soundclick.com/stations/stations.cfm?id=343673
                            >
                            > Blessings.

                          • Dee Harris
                            Message 13 of 13 , Apr 24, 2006
                              Heck, I just wish I had the land to plant such trees
                              on. I love trees especially Engleish oak, Peach and
                              apple trees along with pecan and a bunch of others
                              including a couple of sugar maples and birch.
                              BB,
                              Wolf

                              test'; ">

                              http://mail.yahoo.com