scorzonera (fwd)

  • R J Morris (Plants For A Future)
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 26, 2001
      Hi Folks,
      I respose to Melana's question

      > What is going to be your focus here and how are you looking to lead
      > discussions Rich? Are you looking to use this medium
      > to expand information
      > found at PFAF or is this going to be just for the fun of it?

      I think a large part of the group's function will be to help
      answer some of the many emails asking for help that we recieve.
      I'm not the most knowadgable person on plants about, more a
      techie that a botanist, so I'm hoping we will attract some
      more knowedgable people onto the list. In terms of longer term
      aims I'd like to establish a really good resository of plant
      information, extending that which already in our database.
      There has been some progress towards this with the readers comments
      section in the database
      http://www.scs.leeds.ac.uk/cgi-bin/pfaf/allcom
      but it has not been the best way of stimulating discussion.

      Anyway heres the first question which I recieved today:

      Rich

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 26, 2001
        I have fresh Scorzonera seed which Dawn can have for postage..

        Best regards

        Steve Barstow
        (in Norway)

      • Andre and Melana
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 26, 2001
          For an option in regards to buying seed I might first check into doing a
          seed trade on the web. (Rich...Steve from Norway is here and if you can
          catch his attention he may be willing to do a trade)
          I generally trade at www.gardenweb.com which has several different exchange
          boards located at http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/exchind/ There is even
          one just focused on Europe.

          Commercial sites to look into for ordering seed in the U.K. include the
          following:
          http://www.cnseeds.co.uk/herb_cat/salads.htm
          http://www.nickys-nursery.co.uk/seeds/pages/altsal.htm
          www.users.dircon.co.uk

          Hope this helps
          Melana
          --
          Edible Wild Kitchen http://www.ediblewild.com
          Suite101 http://www.suite101.com/welcome.cfm/5055

          : I really hope you can help me. I am struggling to find Scorzonera
          : seeds to buy. If you have any information that could help me I would
          : be truely grateful!
          :
          : Thank you for your time
          :