Re: SV: [pfaf] Re: Sesame leaves

  • jeanne anstine
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 27, 2006
      You're welcome Lena. My friends and I are exploring learning to cook Korean cuisine. Great fun! It's highly nutritious with lots of vegetables. One friend who immigrated to the US from Korea when she was 16, and she was telling us stories of her grandmother who had a natural garden, where she'd simply let grow there what wished to establish its self and she would pick what she needed for the meal she was preparing. Her meals were mostly vegetarian. Typical she says, of a 'rural' Korean lifestyle.

      Lena Israelsson <lena.israelsson@...> wrote:
      Thank you very much Jeanne, Stephen ...  It must be the big leaved perilla. I have another interesting plant from Korea, that might belong to the Salsolacea family. I got it from a korean woman. Both she and I have grown it for some years in Stockholm, so it´s surely perennial also in Sweden. Well it´s almost a weed. The leaves are succulent, lika purslane but much smaller. Wonderful taste.
      lena