Re: [pfaf] newbie here

  • angiemac1@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 8, 2002
      robert , thanks for the warm welcome, thats one of my goals not to
      have a lawn. i can more useful things in the garden than crab grass LOL.
      my yard is small so i have to choose plants carefuly to have plenty of
      room for a varaity. a friend on seed exchange set mr some grape cuttings
      problem is tho he sent nuff to start a vineyard. i guess thats means
      most wont take root . i ve never rooted much of any thing . i have
      them in pots with ziplock bags over them to make a mini greenhouse. i
      dont have a real one. maybe ill get a few that way.
      angie
    • Robert Waldrop
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 8, 2002
        I don't have any experience with rooting grape vines, but I am
        presently rooting a large number of elderberry cuttings that we were
        given. If you have more than you need, perhaps you can share them
        with others. Last year when I was planting grapevines, I had some
        extra, so I gave them to my neighbors. I am rooting the elderberries
        in water. I have heard that putting a willow branch in rooting water
        helps stimulate root growth, so I've been looking for a willow tree in
        the neighborhood.

        Robert Waldrop, OKlahoma City

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • angiemac1@webtv.net
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 8, 2002
          robert i also read honey maks a good rooting hormone. sent you a page
          on willows. have fun.
          angie