Shaping the Future of Plants For A Future

  • Richard Morris
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2002
      Plants For A Future will be holding a two day workshop on the
      6th/7th of April entitled
      "Shaping the Future of Plants For A Future"
      which will be held at our Blagdon Cross Site in North Devon.

      The workshop is intended to bring together all those interested
      in helping Plants For A Future in the next stage of its development
      as we start our educational program in Woodland Gardening,
      Vegan-Organic horticulture, the use of perennial plants and
      a sustainable way of life.

      The workshop will feature a talk by Ken Fern, a site tour by
      Jim Retallack and a discussion about our future plans where input is
      most welcome. Hopefully there will also be evening entertainment
      and there will also be space for others to hold their own sessions.

      We have quite an ambitious program of events being planned for the
      coming year. Plans are still being finalized but some of the events
      planned include:
      WET Systems With Jay and Clara from Biologic designs
      Pond Creation " "
      Plant Nutrition With Sho & Dao August 3 Days
      Woodland Gardening With Steve Nutt
      Clay Oven with Andrew Seall
      SW Permaculture Convergence
      Woodland Management
      Green Woodworking
      Environmental Fundraising
      Community Structures with Alex Begg

      We're going to need quite a bit of help to stage all these events
      and we're looking for people with a wide range of skills:
      - Course leaders who would like to run a course
      - Site crew to get the site up and running
      - A JCB digger driver to construct a car park and lake
      - caterers to provide tasty vegan nosh
      - Gardeners and plant experts to help construct our
      demonstration gardens
      - Admin workers to run the office
      - web developers to redesign our renowned website
      - Horticural workers to get our unique plant catalogue
      up and running
      - People interested in researching the useful properties of plants

      If your interesting in help pfaf in any way or would like to work
      in conjunction with us then the 6th and 7th April
      will be an ideal time to come along.

      Hope to see you there.

      Plants for a Future: 7000 useful plants
      Snail: 1 Lerryn View, Lerryn, Lostwithiel Cornwall, PL22 0QJ
      Tel: 01208 872 963 / 07813 067250
      Email: webmaster@...