Turnera diffusa (Damiana)

  • Rebeca (Keka)
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 18, 2006
      I've been searching online for possible sources for Damiana seeds, to
      no avail. I was wondering if anyone here knew how/where I could get
      some?

      Thanks!
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 19, 2006
        Cornucopia lists one source:
        Well-Sweep Herb Farm -317 Mt.Bethel Rd., Port Murray, NJ 07865, (201)
        852-53900

        Geir Flatabø

        Rebeca (Keka) skrev:

        >I've been searching online for possible sources for Damiana seeds, to
        >no avail. I was wondering if anyone here knew how/where I could get
        >some?
        >
        >Thanks!

      • Christopher Shanks
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 19, 2006
          Re: [pfaf] Turnera diffusa (Damiana) Have you tried Horizon herbs or Richters up in Canada??

          -- Chris

          "The rule of no realm is mine, but all worthy things that are in peril as the world now stands, those are my care. And for my part, I shall not wholly fail in my task if anything passes through this night that can still grow fair and bear fruit and flower again in days to come. For I too am a steward. Did you not know?"

          J.R.R. TolKien

          On 1/18/06 11:44 PM, "Rebeca (Keka)" <keka522@...> wrote:

          I've been searching online for possible sources for Damiana seeds, to
          no avail.  I was wondering if anyone here knew how/where I could get
          some?

          Thanks!

          Garden home dallas <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Garden+home+dallas&w1=Garden+home+dallas&w2=Organic+gardening&w3=Home+and+garden+accessory&w4=Organic+gardening+magazine&w5=Organic+gardening+supply&w6=Organic+vegetable+gardening&c=6&s=173&.sig=Gfs2l9lGnzs92v57WY3QlA>   Organic gardening <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Organic+gardening&w1=Garden+home+dallas&w2=Organic+gardening&w3=Home+and+garden+accessory&w4=Organic+gardening+magazine&w5=Organic+gardening+supply&w6=Organic+vegetable+gardening&c=6&s=173&.sig=6nAdTleevpVOCvDXprpYBg>   Home and garden accessory <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Home+and+garden+accessory&w1=Garden+home+dallas&w2=Organic+gardening&w3=Home+and+garden+accessory&w4=Organic+gardening+magazine&w5=Organic+gardening+supply&w6=Organic+vegetable+gardening&c=6&s=173&.sig=RlUUbnbj5nF7nDD7R>

          Organic gardening magazine <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Organic+gardening+magazine&w1=Garden+home+dallas&w2=Organic+gardening&w3=Home+and+garden+accessory&w4=Organic+gardening+magazine&w5=Organic+gardening+supply&w6=Organic+vegetable+gardening&c=6&s=173&.sig=YXYbv93Hdlbnu1ms>   Organic gardening supply <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Organic+gardening+supply&w1=Garden+home+dallas&w2=Organic+gardening&w3=Home+and+garden+accessory&w4=Organic+gardening+magazine&w5=Organic+gardening+supply&w6=Organic+vegetable+gardening&c=6&s=173&.sig=0WHfufxU8GMXgoFrRl>   Organic vegetable gardening <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Organic+vegetable+gardening&w1=Garden+home+dallas&w2=Organic+gardening&w3=Home+and+garden+accessory&w4=Organic+gardening+magazine&w5=Organic+gardening+supply&w6=Organic+vegetable+gardening&c=6&s=173&.sig=eZA1oyXFUi4Xi-C>

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        • Keka
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 19, 2006
            Thanks, Geir and Chris, for your responses. Unfortunately, none of these
            suppliers carries live Damiana plants or seeds, only extracts or dried
            Damiana. It's pretty amazing how hard it is to find. It is MUCH easier to
            find sources for such deadly plants as the Daturas or Foxglove, or other
            "controlled" plants! (shakes head in wonder)

            If I knew someone who actually had any of the plants, I'd offer to buy from
            them, but alas, I don't. (frustrated sigh) If you hear of anyone who does,
            let me know??

            Thanks so much!!
            Rebeca

            Message: 5
            Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 19:16:18 +0100
            From: Geir Flatabø <geirf@...>
            Subject: Re: Turnera diffusa (Damiana)

            Rebeca (Keka) skrev:

            >I've been searching online for possible sources for Damiana seeds, to
            >no avail. I was wondering if anyone here knew how/where I could get
            >some?
            >
            >Thanks!

            Message: 6
            Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 13:52:59 -0500
            From: Christopher Shanks <ch_shanks@...>

            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 20, 2006
              It should be native in Brazil, but mostly used in Mexico, so try some
              universities in Brazil / Mexico whether they know anything...

              Geir

              Keka skrev:

              >Thanks, Geir and Chris, for your responses. Unfortunately, none of these
              >suppliers carries live Damiana plants or seeds, only extracts or dried
              >Damiana. It's pretty amazing how hard it is to find. It is MUCH easier to
              >find sources for such deadly plants as the Daturas or Foxglove, or other
              >"controlled" plants! (shakes head in wonder)
              >
              >If I knew someone who actually had any of the plants, I'd offer to buy from
              >them, but alas, I don't. (frustrated sigh) If you hear of anyone who does,
              >let me know??
              >
              >Thanks so much!!
              >Rebeca
              >
              >Message: 5
              > Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 19:16:18 +0100
              > From: Geir Flatabø <geirf@...>
              >Subject: Re: Turnera diffusa (Damiana)
              >
              >Cornucopia lists one source:
              >Well-Sweep Herb Farm -317 Mt.Bethel Rd., Port Murray, NJ 07865, (201)
              >852-53900
              >
              >Geir Flatabø
              >
              >Rebeca (Keka) skrev:
              >

              >>I've been searching online for possible sources for Damiana seeds, to
              >>no avail. I was wondering if anyone here knew how/where I could get
              >>some?
              >>
              >>Thanks!

              >Message: 6
              > Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 13:52:59 -0500
              > From: Christopher Shanks <ch_shanks@...>
              >Subject: Re: Turnera diffusa (Damiana)
              >
              >Have you tried Horizon herbs or Richters up in Canada??
              >

              >-- Chris

            • Zanetti Ederson Augusto
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 20, 2006
                so...I´m from Brazil, but i dont know were to get it
                right now, i saw that this is an aphrodisiac.
                maybe i can help, how much you want from them?
                Eder

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • carolyn pedlar

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 26, 2006
                    Richters has it. Richters is one of the best sources for herbs.

                    http://www.richters.com/Web_store/web_store.cgi?product=X2098&cart_id=4388999.17657

                    David

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 26, 2006
                      Oops! Sorry. Just the herb here, not the seed.

                      http://mail.yahoo.com