Re: [pfaf] Re: club root resitant kale

    Message 1 of 25 , Jan 15, 2006
      The disease does not seem to affect the perannials,
      and not the fastest growing annuals (radishes)..
      and it is possible to grow the athers, but it is obviously retarding
      growth, and diminish crop.

      Geir Flatabø

      allmendeperma@... skrev:

      >Hmmm, what I know about this desease from a webside that doesn´t exist any more is, that you should keep the pH between 6,5 and 7 on sandy soils and don`t plant cale on the same place for 3-5 years. If you`ve once got the desease, you`re not to plant cruciferous plants on the place for at least 8 years.
      >So this desease could be a problem with perennial cales, couldn`t it?
      >Greetings from Klaus
      >
      >pfaf@yahoogroups.com schrieb am 10.01.06 20:42:03:
      >

      >While discussing kale
      >anyone knows of kale varieties resistant to club root disease, that is
      >really a mess here in my garden.
      >and where to get seeds.
      >
      >Geir Flatabø
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links
      >

      >--
      >Allmende e.V.-Gemeinschaftlicher Permakulturgarten für Verden
      >Artilleriestr. 6
      >27283 Verden
      >Tel 04231- 90 50 30
      >Mobil 0171-1565620
      >Fax 01212- 510857480
      >Wir bieten Praktika und freiwilliges ökologisches Jahr.

    • alison_tindale
      Message 2 of 25 , Mar 27, 2007
        Anyone know where I can get plants or cuttings of perennial kale var.
        Daubenton? I can't find this anywhere!
      • telsingandrews
        Message 3 of 25 , Nov 9, 2008
          --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "bastianklara" <lena.israelsson@...> wrote:

          > These companies use to sell Thousand-head kale: Abundant life Seed
          > foundation, Sutton Seeds, Seeds Blüm, Future foods. You find them
          > easily on internet. I don´t know where to find Perennial Daubentin,
          > but I would love to know.
          > lena

          I have found them in a french seed site: http://www.plantes-et-
          jardins.com listed as Chou Daubenton and Chou Daubenton panaché
          under 'old vegetables' legumes ancienes (sp?).

          If anyone knows of another supplier, especially one in North America
          that would be great. Does anyone know the hardiness of this variety?
        • telsingandrews
          Message 4 of 25 , Nov 10, 2008
            Just to clarify, I do believe the supplier told me that they reproduce
            them by cuttings (Daubenton) but if anyone knows otherwise, I'm all
            ears.

            Telsing

            --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "telsingandrews" <telsing_andrews@...>
            wrote:

            > --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "bastianklara" <lena.israelsson@> wrote:
            > >
            > > These companies use to sell Thousand-head kale: Abundant life Seed
            > > foundation, Sutton Seeds, Seeds Blüm, Future foods. You find them
            > > easily on internet. I don´t know where to find Perennial Daubentin,
            > > but I would love to know.
            > > lena
            > >

            > I have found them in a french seed site: http://www.plantes-et-
            > jardins.com listed as Chou Daubenton and Chou Daubenton panaché
            > under 'old vegetables' legumes ancienes (sp?).
            >
            > If anyone knows of another supplier, especially one in North America
            > that would be great. Does anyone know the hardiness of this variety?

          • SE MA Coast, Zone 7
            Message 5 of 25 , Nov 14, 2008
              If you are speaking of
              Perennial Kale (Brassica oleracea)
              Fedco seeds has it listed as Sea Kale.
              http://www.fedcoseeds.com/seeds/SeedsItem.php?id=3099&SeedName=Sea%20Kale

              Good Luck,
              Robin
            • howigetby
              Message 6 of 25 , Nov 15, 2008
                Are they referring to the giant walking stick kale? I'm looking for a
                source for those and also would give my eye teeth for some tree collards!

                --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "SE MA Coast, Zone 7" <Robin282mt@...> wrote:

                > If you are speaking of
                > Perennial Kale (Brassica oleracea)
                > Fedco seeds has it listed as Sea Kale.

                http://www.fedcoseeds.com/seeds/SeedsItem.php?id=3099&SeedName=Sea%20Kale

                > Good Luck,
                > Robin

              • telsingandrews
                Message 7 of 25 , Nov 17, 2008
                  Sea Kale is a different plant then what I'm looking for but as for
                  Walking Stick Kale, you can get that at Thompson and Morgan but this
                  may not be the same as tree collards. I wrote a blog post about
                  perennail brassicas which I'm trying to educate myself on:
                  http://veggiepatchreimagined.blogspot.com/2008/11/brassica-names-
                  perennial-biennial-oh.html

                  Anyone? Cuttings of Daubenton kale?? Sourcing plants - sigh.

                  Telsing.

                  --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "howigetby" <howigetby@...> wrote:

                  > Are they referring to the giant walking stick kale? I'm looking for
                  > source for those and also would give my eye teeth for some tree
                  collards!

                  > --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "SE MA Coast, Zone 7" <Robin282mt@>
                  wrote:

                  > > If you are speaking of
                  > > Perennial Kale (Brassica oleracea)
                  > > Fedco seeds has it listed as Sea Kale.
                  > >
                  > http://www.fedcoseeds.com/seeds/SeedsItem.php?id=3099&SeedName=Sea%
                  20Kale

                  > > Good Luck,
                  > > Robin

                • Staci
                  Message 8 of 25 , Nov 17, 2008
                    i have a perrenial kale plant where are you? I've been giving cuttings
                    to my friends with success. I think it is a lundy cabbage i call it the
                    cabbage bush, maybe i could post some to you? a friend of mine has
                    walking stick kale i'll ask him about seeds.

                    staci south wales
                  • Lorian Garrett
                    Message 9 of 25 , Nov 17, 2008
                      Hi Staci,

                      I am located in Tacoma, WA, USA - if you can send seeds, that would be
                      great! Please let me know how much you need for postage. Zip is 98444 in
                      case that is required for determining postage costs.

                      Thank you so much!!!

                      Lori

                      On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 8:50 AM, Staci <hippiesontour@...> wrote:

                      > i have a perrenial kale plant where are you? I've been giving cuttings
                      > to my friends with success. I think it is a lundy cabbage i call it the
                      > cabbage bush, maybe i could post some to you? a friend of mine has
                      > walking stick kale i'll ask him about seeds.
                      >
                      > staci south wales

                    • telsingandrews
                      Message 10 of 25 , Nov 17, 2008
                        You can get walking stick kale at Thompson and Morgan.

                        Good luck!

                        --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "howigetby" <howigetby@...> wrote:

                        > Are they referring to the giant walking stick kale? I'm looking for
                        > source for those and also would give my eye teeth for some tree
                        collards!

                        > --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "SE MA Coast, Zone 7" <Robin282mt@>
                        wrote:

                        > > If you are speaking of
                        > > Perennial Kale (Brassica oleracea)
                        > > Fedco seeds has it listed as Sea Kale.
                        > >
                        > http://www.fedcoseeds.com/seeds/SeedsItem.php?id=3099&SeedName=Sea%
                        20Kale

                        > > Good Luck,
                        > > Robin

                      • Staci
                        Message 11 of 25 , Nov 20, 2008
                          I don't have seeds for my kale but i'll ask my friend phil who had some
                          walking stick kale last year