Re: [pfaf] Re: club root resitant kale

  • allmendeperma@web.de
    Message 1 of 25 , Jan 13, 2006
      Hmmm, what I know about this desease from a webside that doesn´t exist any more is, that you should keep the pH between 6,5 and 7 on sandy soils and don`t plant cale on the same place for 3-5 years. If you`ve once got the desease, you`re not to plant cruciferous plants on the place for at least 8 years.
      So this desease could be a problem with perennial cales, couldn`t it?
      Greetings from Klaus

      pfaf@yahoogroups.com schrieb am 10.01.06 20:42:03:

      While discussing kale
      anyone knows of kale varieties resistant to club root disease, that is
      really a mess here in my garden.
      and where to get seeds.

      Geir Flatabø

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      --
      Allmende e.V.-Gemeinschaftlicher Permakulturgarten für Verden
      Artilleriestr. 6
      Message 2 of 25 , Jan 13, 2006
        There is a new clubroot resistent cabbage on the market this year - Kilaxy.
        Available from Suttons Seeds and said to be strongly resistent.

        Stephen
        Message 3 of 25 , Jan 15, 2006
          The disease does not seem to affect the perannials,
          and not the fastest growing annuals (radishes)..
          and it is possible to grow the athers, but it is obviously retarding
          growth, and diminish crop.

          Geir Flatabø

          allmendeperma@... skrev:

          >Hmmm, what I know about this desease from a webside that doesn´t exist any more is, that you should keep the pH between 6,5 and 7 on sandy soils and don`t plant cale on the same place for 3-5 years. If you`ve once got the desease, you`re not to plant cruciferous plants on the place for at least 8 years.
          >So this desease could be a problem with perennial cales, couldn`t it?
          >Greetings from Klaus
          >
          >pfaf@yahoogroups.com schrieb am 10.01.06 20:42:03:
          >

          >While discussing kale
          >anyone knows of kale varieties resistant to club root disease, that is
          >really a mess here in my garden.
          >and where to get seeds.
          >
          >Geir Flatabø
          >

          >Yahoo! Groups Links
          >

          >--
          >Allmende e.V.-Gemeinschaftlicher Permakulturgarten für Verden
          >Artilleriestr. 6
          >27283 Verden
          >Tel 04231- 90 50 30
          >Mobil 0171-1565620
          >Fax 01212- 510857480
          >Wir bieten Praktika und freiwilliges ökologisches Jahr.

        • alison_tindale
          Message 4 of 25 , Mar 27, 2007
            Anyone know where I can get plants or cuttings of perennial kale var.
            Daubenton? I can't find this anywhere!
          • telsingandrews
            Message 5 of 25 , Nov 9, 2008
              --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "bastianklara" <lena.israelsson@...> wrote:

              > These companies use to sell Thousand-head kale: Abundant life Seed
              > foundation, Sutton Seeds, Seeds Blüm, Future foods. You find them
              > easily on internet. I don´t know where to find Perennial Daubentin,
              > but I would love to know.
              > lena

              I have found them in a french seed site: http://www.plantes-et-
              jardins.com listed as Chou Daubenton and Chou Daubenton panaché
              under 'old vegetables' legumes ancienes (sp?).

              If anyone knows of another supplier, especially one in North America
              that would be great. Does anyone know the hardiness of this variety?
            • telsingandrews
              Message 6 of 25 , Nov 10, 2008
                Just to clarify, I do believe the supplier told me that they reproduce
                them by cuttings (Daubenton) but if anyone knows otherwise, I'm all
                ears.

                Telsing

                --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "telsingandrews" <telsing_andrews@...>
                wrote:

                > --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "bastianklara" <lena.israelsson@> wrote:
                > >
                > > These companies use to sell Thousand-head kale: Abundant life Seed
                > > foundation, Sutton Seeds, Seeds Blüm, Future foods. You find them
                > > easily on internet. I don´t know where to find Perennial Daubentin,
                > > but I would love to know.
                > > lena
                > >

                > I have found them in a french seed site: http://www.plantes-et-
                > jardins.com listed as Chou Daubenton and Chou Daubenton panaché
                > under 'old vegetables' legumes ancienes (sp?).
                >
                > If anyone knows of another supplier, especially one in North America
                > that would be great. Does anyone know the hardiness of this variety?

              • SE MA Coast, Zone 7
                Message 7 of 25 , Nov 14, 2008
                  If you are speaking of
                  Perennial Kale (Brassica oleracea)
                  Fedco seeds has it listed as Sea Kale.
                  http://www.fedcoseeds.com/seeds/SeedsItem.php?id=3099&SeedName=Sea%20Kale

                  Good Luck,
                  Robin
                • howigetby
                  Message 8 of 25 , Nov 15, 2008
                    Are they referring to the giant walking stick kale? I'm looking for a
                    source for those and also would give my eye teeth for some tree collards!

                    --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "SE MA Coast, Zone 7" <Robin282mt@...> wrote:

                    > If you are speaking of
                    > Perennial Kale (Brassica oleracea)
                    > Fedco seeds has it listed as Sea Kale.

                    http://www.fedcoseeds.com/seeds/SeedsItem.php?id=3099&SeedName=Sea%20Kale

                    > Good Luck,
                    > Robin

                  • telsingandrews
                    Message 9 of 25 , Nov 17, 2008
                      Sea Kale is a different plant then what I'm looking for but as for
                      Walking Stick Kale, you can get that at Thompson and Morgan but this
                      may not be the same as tree collards. I wrote a blog post about
                      perennail brassicas which I'm trying to educate myself on:
                      http://veggiepatchreimagined.blogspot.com/2008/11/brassica-names-
                      perennial-biennial-oh.html

                      Anyone? Cuttings of Daubenton kale?? Sourcing plants - sigh.

                      Telsing.

                      --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "howigetby" <howigetby@...> wrote:

                      > Are they referring to the giant walking stick kale? I'm looking for
                      > source for those and also would give my eye teeth for some tree
                      collards!

                      > --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "SE MA Coast, Zone 7" <Robin282mt@>
                      wrote:

                      > > If you are speaking of
                      > > Perennial Kale (Brassica oleracea)
                      > > Fedco seeds has it listed as Sea Kale.
                      > >
                      > http://www.fedcoseeds.com/seeds/SeedsItem.php?id=3099&SeedName=Sea%
                      20Kale

                      > > Good Luck,
                      > > Robin

                    • Staci
                      Message 10 of 25 , Nov 17, 2008
                        i have a perrenial kale plant where are you? I've been giving cuttings
                        to my friends with success. I think it is a lundy cabbage i call it the
                        cabbage bush, maybe i could post some to you? a friend of mine has
                        walking stick kale i'll ask him about seeds.

                        staci south wales
                      • Lorian Garrett
                        Message 11 of 25 , Nov 17, 2008
                          Hi Staci,

                          I am located in Tacoma, WA, USA - if you can send seeds, that would be
                          great! Please let me know how much you need for postage. Zip is 98444 in
                          case that is required for determining postage costs.

                          Thank you so much!!!

                          Lori

                          On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 8:50 AM, Staci <hippiesontour@...> wrote:

                          > i have a perrenial kale plant where are you? I've been giving cuttings
                          > to my friends with success. I think it is a lundy cabbage i call it the
                          > cabbage bush, maybe i could post some to you? a friend of mine has
                          > walking stick kale i'll ask him about seeds.
                          >
                          > staci south wales

                        • telsingandrews
                          Message 12 of 25 , Nov 17, 2008
                            You can get walking stick kale at Thompson and Morgan.

                            Good luck!

                            --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "howigetby" <howigetby@...> wrote:

                            > Are they referring to the giant walking stick kale? I'm looking for
                            > source for those and also would give my eye teeth for some tree
                            collards!

                            > --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "SE MA Coast, Zone 7" <Robin282mt@>
                            wrote:

                            > > If you are speaking of
                            > > Perennial Kale (Brassica oleracea)
                            > > Fedco seeds has it listed as Sea Kale.
                            > >
                            > http://www.fedcoseeds.com/seeds/SeedsItem.php?id=3099&SeedName=Sea%
                            20Kale

                            > > Good Luck,
                            > > Robin

                          • Staci
                            Message 13 of 25 , Nov 20, 2008
                              I don't have seeds for my kale but i'll ask my friend phil who had some
                              walking stick kale last year