Crambe

  • Stephe
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 12, 2006
      OK, I'll put an end to this internal Norwegian discussion :) It would be
      interesting to know if your C. cordifolia is still there in Snåsa (first
      seen by Geir in 1970!)

      Here are two pictures taken this summer in Nord Trondelag in Norway (near
      Steinkjer)
      http://www.hagegal.info/hagefora/modules/albums/Her-hager-jegalbum773/innleg
      g.jpg
      http://www.hagegal.info/hagefora/modules/albums/album1029/1107_002.jpg

      I also have one but it's only two years old. Mine came from a woman in
      Trondheim.

      My Bunias has never produced seed which is probably just as well as it can
      be a bit invasive.

      Crambe maritima - I took root cuttings once many years ago, but I haven't
      for many years. If you'd like I can try in the spring - the roots are now so
      old that it may be difficult on the original plant.

      I was in the Botanical Garden in Amsterdam last summer and they had a Crambe
      steveniana, which looked very similar to C. maritima (perhaps it's a ssp.?).
      It is from the Crimea and Caucasus.

      Finally, I grew Crambe abyssinica (an annual) also this summer, but more as
      a curiosity. It's an oil crop and I understand that it is now grown
      commercially in the UK and is showing a lot of promise.

      >Det vokste ei stor Crambe cordifolia ( = Crambe tatarica ? likner
      makroskopisk sjølv om den er oppgitt emd eige navn i Pfaf) ved
      oppkjørselen til Finnsås Småbruksskule (Jørstad i Snåsa) på høgre side
      på 1970 tallet, husker ikkje om den sto der sist eg var på besøk ca 2000. Eg
      har rikeleg frøproduksjon, men erusikker på om eg har meir, dei
      spirer av seg sjølv ute, finner evt kanskje ei plante eller avlegger til
      deg....
      Får du avleggere av din Crambe maritima ??

      mvh
      Geir