Looking for people growing perennials

  • Webweaver
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 12, 2006
      Hi All,
      I just had an green and away magazine (forgotten title!) and they are
      doing a piece on perennial growing in the UK (and elsewhere). I could
      not think of many people doing this at a large scale.

      If anyone has some good examples of perennial growing could they post
      here and also email
      fanesaunders@...

      Cheers

      Rich
      --
      Plants for a Future: 7000 useful plants
      Web: http://www.pfaf.org/
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 12, 2006
        Rich:

        I grow macadamias here in Paraguay and also I am trying to grow
        native and forgotten fruits of this region that have been replaced
        by non local fruits like apples, peaches, etc. I think that native fruits
        are
        important non only for human food but also for birds

        Javier Cosp

        > I just had an green and away magazine (forgotten title!) and they are
        > doing a piece on perennial growing in the UK (and elsewhere). I could
        > not think of many people doing this at a large scale.
        >
        > If anyone has some good examples of perennial growing could they post
        > here and also email
        > fanesaunders@...
        >
        > Cheers
        >
        > Rich
        > --
        > Plants for a Future: 7000 useful plants
        > Web: http://www.pfaf.org/
        > Post: 1 Lerryn View, Lerryn, Lostwithiel, Cornwall, PL22 0QJ
        > Tel: 01208 872 963
        > Email: webweaver@...

      • ariel023
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 16, 2006
          Dear Javier Gosp

          The rare fruit yahoo group will be interested in your
          activities and myself

          Ariel

          Israel
        • Javier Cosp
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 16, 2006
            Ariel:

            I am trying to have fruits of the following trees which are being
            replaced by "foreign" fruits. There are no comercial cultivations
            of these trees.. All the common names are in guaraní, the indigenous
            language of Paraguay (but it is still the most used language in Paraguay).

            Common name Cientific name
            Guaviyu Eugenia Pungens Berg
            Guavira Campomanesia xantocarpa, Berg
            Ñandypa Guazú Genipa americana
            Ñangapiry Eugenia uniflora
            Pakuri Rheedia brasiliensis (mart) Planch & Triana
            Pakuri Guazú Rheedia guaranitica, Hassler Rheedia Guaranitica
            Hassler

            Then we have 2 very common fruit trees (which wont disappear)

            Yvapovo Melicoccus lepidopetalus, Radik
            Mbokaya Acrocomia total Mart (Palmae)

            The first is apreciated by its big shadows and the second is a Palma that is
            comercially useful because of the oil (and its small coconut is very sweet)
            (Although it is not comercially cultivated, the natural grown palmas are not
            replaced by others).

            Regards.

            Javier Cosp
            Paraguay