Re: Perennial cabbages and Kales

  • papaloquelites
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 10, 2006
      Hi, Geir, and Steven....

      I have Crambe maritima, just going into its first winter, so we
      shall see. I only got a few seeds from a seed saver,they may have
      been old and were not very lively. They were aloso hard to
      germinate (I did scarify the hard seed coat) which of course may
      reflect their undomesticated nature.

      I have wanted to try Bunias orientalis, but one seed saver who
      offered it had run out, and another sent me seed that grew out as
      Rumex acetosus, garden sorrel. If anyone has seed please let me
      know (I have several interesting things to offer in exchange).

      The other Crambe species I have not come across; I will be trying
      nine star this year.

      The Brassicas have wide range of behaviors, many of the Asian types
      flower if you just cough near them, the old English sprouting
      broccolies (OK how do u pluralise broccoli, broccolollies, I feel a
      thread coming on, and do not say it is already plural)that
      overwinter, effectively bi-ennials, and clearly some perennials
      under at least some conditions.

      Your comments are all very interesting, thank you. Adam.