Re: [pfaf] Re: club root resitant kale

    Message 1 of 25 , Jan 10, 2006
      While discussing kale
      anyone knows of kale varieties resistant to club root disease, that is
      really a mess here in my garden.
      and where to get seeds.

      Geir Flatabø

    • allmendeperma@web.de
      Message 2 of 25 , Jan 13, 2006
        Hmmm, what I know about this desease from a webside that doesn´t exist any more is, that you should keep the pH between 6,5 and 7 on sandy soils and don`t plant cale on the same place for 3-5 years. If you`ve once got the desease, you`re not to plant cruciferous plants on the place for at least 8 years.
        So this desease could be a problem with perennial cales, couldn`t it?
        Greetings from Klaus

        pfaf@yahoogroups.com schrieb am 10.01.06 20:42:03:

        While discussing kale
        anyone knows of kale varieties resistant to club root disease, that is
        really a mess here in my garden.
        and where to get seeds.

        Geir Flatabø

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        --
        Allmende e.V.-Gemeinschaftlicher Permakulturgarten für Verden
        Artilleriestr. 6
        Message 3 of 25 , Jan 13, 2006
          There is a new clubroot resistent cabbage on the market this year - Kilaxy.
          Available from Suttons Seeds and said to be strongly resistent.

          Stephen
          Message 4 of 25 , Jan 15, 2006
            The disease does not seem to affect the perannials,
            and not the fastest growing annuals (radishes)..
            and it is possible to grow the athers, but it is obviously retarding
            growth, and diminish crop.

            Geir Flatabø

            allmendeperma@... skrev:

            >Hmmm, what I know about this desease from a webside that doesn´t exist any more is, that you should keep the pH between 6,5 and 7 on sandy soils and don`t plant cale on the same place for 3-5 years. If you`ve once got the desease, you`re not to plant cruciferous plants on the place for at least 8 years.
            >So this desease could be a problem with perennial cales, couldn`t it?
            >Greetings from Klaus
            >
            >pfaf@yahoogroups.com schrieb am 10.01.06 20:42:03:
            >

            >While discussing kale
            >anyone knows of kale varieties resistant to club root disease, that is
            >really a mess here in my garden.
            >and where to get seeds.
            >
            >Geir Flatabø
            >

            >Yahoo! Groups Links
            >

            >--
            >Allmende e.V.-Gemeinschaftlicher Permakulturgarten für Verden
            >Artilleriestr. 6
            >27283 Verden
            >Tel 04231- 90 50 30
            >Mobil 0171-1565620
            >Fax 01212- 510857480
            >Wir bieten Praktika und freiwilliges ökologisches Jahr.

          • alison_tindale
            Message 5 of 25 , Mar 27, 2007
              Anyone know where I can get plants or cuttings of perennial kale var.
              Daubenton? I can't find this anywhere!
            • telsingandrews
              Message 6 of 25 , Nov 9, 2008
                --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "bastianklara" <lena.israelsson@...> wrote:

                > These companies use to sell Thousand-head kale: Abundant life Seed
                > foundation, Sutton Seeds, Seeds Blüm, Future foods. You find them
                > easily on internet. I don´t know where to find Perennial Daubentin,
                > but I would love to know.
                > lena

                I have found them in a french seed site: http://www.plantes-et-
                jardins.com listed as Chou Daubenton and Chou Daubenton panaché
                under 'old vegetables' legumes ancienes (sp?).

                If anyone knows of another supplier, especially one in North America
                that would be great. Does anyone know the hardiness of this variety?
              • telsingandrews
                Message 7 of 25 , Nov 10, 2008
                  Just to clarify, I do believe the supplier told me that they reproduce
                  them by cuttings (Daubenton) but if anyone knows otherwise, I'm all
                  ears.

                  Telsing

                  --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "telsingandrews" <telsing_andrews@...>
                  wrote:

                  > --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "bastianklara" <lena.israelsson@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > These companies use to sell Thousand-head kale: Abundant life Seed
                  > > foundation, Sutton Seeds, Seeds Blüm, Future foods. You find them
                  > > easily on internet. I don´t know where to find Perennial Daubentin,
                  > > but I would love to know.
                  > > lena
                  > >

                  > I have found them in a french seed site: http://www.plantes-et-
                  > jardins.com listed as Chou Daubenton and Chou Daubenton panaché
                  > under 'old vegetables' legumes ancienes (sp?).
                  >
                  > If anyone knows of another supplier, especially one in North America
                  > that would be great. Does anyone know the hardiness of this variety?

                • SE MA Coast, Zone 7
                  Message 8 of 25 , Nov 14, 2008
                    If you are speaking of
                    Perennial Kale (Brassica oleracea)
                    Fedco seeds has it listed as Sea Kale.
                    http://www.fedcoseeds.com/seeds/SeedsItem.php?id=3099&SeedName=Sea%20Kale

                    Good Luck,
                    Robin
                  • howigetby
                    Message 9 of 25 , Nov 15, 2008
                      Are they referring to the giant walking stick kale? I'm looking for a
                      source for those and also would give my eye teeth for some tree collards!

                      --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "SE MA Coast, Zone 7" <Robin282mt@...> wrote:

                      > If you are speaking of
                      > Perennial Kale (Brassica oleracea)
                      > Fedco seeds has it listed as Sea Kale.

                      http://www.fedcoseeds.com/seeds/SeedsItem.php?id=3099&SeedName=Sea%20Kale

                      > Good Luck,
                      > Robin

                    • telsingandrews
                      Message 10 of 25 , Nov 17, 2008
                        Sea Kale is a different plant then what I'm looking for but as for
                        Walking Stick Kale, you can get that at Thompson and Morgan but this
                        may not be the same as tree collards. I wrote a blog post about
                        perennail brassicas which I'm trying to educate myself on:
                        http://veggiepatchreimagined.blogspot.com/2008/11/brassica-names-
                        perennial-biennial-oh.html

                        Anyone? Cuttings of Daubenton kale?? Sourcing plants - sigh.

                        Telsing.

                        --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "howigetby" <howigetby@...> wrote:

                        > Are they referring to the giant walking stick kale? I'm looking for
                        > source for those and also would give my eye teeth for some tree
                        collards!

                        > --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "SE MA Coast, Zone 7" <Robin282mt@>
                        wrote:

                        > > If you are speaking of
                        > > Perennial Kale (Brassica oleracea)
                        > > Fedco seeds has it listed as Sea Kale.
                        > >
                        > http://www.fedcoseeds.com/seeds/SeedsItem.php?id=3099&SeedName=Sea%
                        20Kale

                        > > Good Luck,
                        > > Robin

                      • Staci
                        Message 11 of 25 , Nov 17, 2008
                          i have a perrenial kale plant where are you? I've been giving cuttings
                          to my friends with success. I think it is a lundy cabbage i call it the
                          cabbage bush, maybe i could post some to you? a friend of mine has
                          walking stick kale i'll ask him about seeds.

                          staci south wales
                        • Lorian Garrett
                          Message 12 of 25 , Nov 17, 2008
                            Hi Staci,

                            I am located in Tacoma, WA, USA - if you can send seeds, that would be
                            great! Please let me know how much you need for postage. Zip is 98444 in
                            case that is required for determining postage costs.

                            Thank you so much!!!

                            Lori

                            On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 8:50 AM, Staci <hippiesontour@...> wrote:

                            > i have a perrenial kale plant where are you? I've been giving cuttings
                            > to my friends with success. I think it is a lundy cabbage i call it the
                            > cabbage bush, maybe i could post some to you? a friend of mine has
                            > walking stick kale i'll ask him about seeds.
                            >
                            > staci south wales

                          • telsingandrews
                            Message 13 of 25 , Nov 17, 2008
                              You can get walking stick kale at Thompson and Morgan.

                              Good luck!

                              --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "howigetby" <howigetby@...> wrote:

                              > Are they referring to the giant walking stick kale? I'm looking for
                              > source for those and also would give my eye teeth for some tree
                              collards!

                              > --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "SE MA Coast, Zone 7" <Robin282mt@>
                              wrote:

                              > > If you are speaking of
                              > > Perennial Kale (Brassica oleracea)
                              > > Fedco seeds has it listed as Sea Kale.
                              > >
                              > http://www.fedcoseeds.com/seeds/SeedsItem.php?id=3099&SeedName=Sea%
                              20Kale

                              > > Good Luck,
                              > > Robin

                            • Staci
                              Message 14 of 25 , Nov 20, 2008
                                I don't have seeds for my kale but i'll ask my friend phil who had some
                                walking stick kale last year