973Re: [pfaf] peace garden

    Nov 19, 2005
      Roses of course
      Rosa helenae and R multiflora the climbers,
      and bamboos - Fargesia nititida and F. murielae,
      and grapes, which varieties I dont`know for your area, but preferably
      some with "edible" leaves,
      - mock orange, Philadelphus different kinds,
      Rhododendron hodgsonii, and R. luteum
      Magnolia kobus
      Davidia involucrata
      some different Viburnum - esp V. carlesii
      and if you can grow olives,
      definitely also Myrtus spp. esp M luma / apiculata

      and.......
      Geir Flatabø

      cutoutcows skrev:

      >Hello,
      >I am designing a peace garden bed for a community garden on a warm,
      >sunny, temperate site.
      >
      >I was wondering if anyone would like to share any plants that conjure
      >up thoughts/feelings of peace for them, by association, experience,
      >fragrance, visually, anything would really be appreaciated.
      >
      >I like the idea of people eating the 'produce of peace' too, so far I
      >have olives, and rosemary for rememberance...
      >
      >peace
      >ana
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic