941Re: Plants for distillation/Aromatherapy

  • icculus2000
    Oct 29, 2005
      Hi Terry, my name is Steve

      I can recommend "The Master Book of Herbalism" by Paul Beyerl
      (Phoenix Pub, 1984); it covers herb properties (remedial, aromatic,
      culinary) lore, preparation methods and history of magickal usage.
      Beyerl's book is by no means all-encompassing; nor should it be -
      even a novice herbalist should attempt to build his or her "herbal"
      from scratch.

      "A Modern Herbal" by Mrs. Maude Grieve (Dover, 1971) is a more
      comprehensive (over 800 species) and is appropriate for a serious
      investigation.

      Please feel free to email me, or respond on PFAF, as I am an herb
      enthusiast (as I'm sure many others here are).

      Peace,

      Steve.

      --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "terryoshea35" <terryoshea35@y...>
      wrote:

      > I'm afraid I'm not a gardener but fascinated with the idea of
      making
      > my own essential oils,albeit in a small way using volatile
      fragrant
      > plants or herbs.
      > I know and understand the process but have no idea what plants
      would
      > be suitable or easier to utilize.For example:Are there dried herbs
      and
      > flowers that could be used?
      > Does anyone know of any reading material that would be helpful?
      > Best regards,
      >
      > Terry

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic