922Katrina damage

  • smallen2
    Sep 30, 2005
      I have a 6 acre wooded lot that had a great cover with natural pine
      straw and leaves. Hurricane Katrina destroyed about a third of my
      trees. I now have large areas with all this natural cover removed by
      the bulldozers and other machinery used to clean up the mess. It is
      largely sloped about 10-15 degrees. There are not enough trees left to
      naturally recover the aforementioned areas. I have two needs. What to
      do in the immediate future for erosion. And what to plant long term
      that will cover quickly. I have about decided to use pine straw
      initially, but have no idea what to use long term. I do not want
      grass. The area is not close to a watering source. I would like some
      sort of seed of a non-flowering ground cover that will cover quickly.
      Any advice appreciated.

      Thanks. Dr. Mark Allen, 305 S. Archusa Ave.,Quitman, MS. 39355.
      smallen@....
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic