852Re: [pfaf] Re: Stats from pfaf database

    Jul 17, 2005
      I am still in the planning stages, but vegetation will play a big role

      >on my rocky (needs tree roots that can dissolve rocks) landscape with
      >acidic soil (need acid-loving plants) in zone 3a (meaning cold enough to
      >destroy shallow-rooted plants in rock-laden soils) at a fairly decent
      >latitude of 45.9.Thanks George (Canada)

      Trees them selves are not good at "dissolving stone",
      but at least pines and spruces and oaks have (might have) symbiotic
      fungi that have this ability, producing oxalic acids etc, that virtually
      eat stone.