836Re: [pfaf] Need Advice for Laurentians (Rocky, Acidic Soil), Short Growing Season

  • Bob Ewing
    Jun 25, 2005
      Greetings, i live in Thunder Bay, Ontario on the edge
      of the Boreal Forest, growing conditions appear to be
      similar to yours. We have grown, jack pine,
      blueberries and beaked hazel (C. cornuta) in close
      proximity and all do well. The jack pine provides the
      acidic soil that blueberries love.

      The beaked hazel thrives here and provides edible
      nuts.

      Bob Ewing

      Permaculture is how we take control over our own lives, meet our individual needs and build our common future. Let Nature be your mentor.
      www.restoretheearth.ca

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic