      From: Allmende Verden <allmendeperma@...>
      Sent: Sat, 15 Feb 2014 15:46
      Subject: [pfaf] what resistant ulmus tastes best?

      I think of buying an ulmus for salad/spinach. wikipedia says, the
      dutch elm desease is a major thread and u. laevis is the most
      resistant natural species.
      Besides I found this company http://www.resista-ulmen.com/ that sells
      resistant hybrids. These contain
      pumila x japonica
      or hollandica (=minor x glabra) x pumila x carpinifolia
      or pumila x americana

      Does anyone here know the differences between these species (and laevis)?

      greetings from Steph
      Allmende e.V.
      Utopisches Waldgartenprojekt
      Artilleriestr. 6
      D-27283 Verden
      Tel (+49) 4231- 900 90 15
      Mobil (+49) 17 66166 8718
      http://www.allmende.de.vu
      Kürzere und längere Aufenthalte im Gartenprojekt oft möglich!

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic