623Lathyrus tuberosus

  • Loes Terlouw
    Sep 27, 2004
      Hi, is there anyone who tried Lathyrus tuberosus? It is mentioned in the Alternative Rootcrops-leaflet of PFAF:

      "The TUBEROUS PEA has one of the nicest tubers I have ever eaten, a view shared by many of the people who have eaten it. [...]"

      I tried several accessions of Lathyrus tuberosus this year, but so far the plants do not make tubers, but a kind of white, carrot-like roots with a small woody core in the centre.

      Is it the fleshy root you eat, or do tubers appear in the next year? Does anyone have information? Thank you

      Loes

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic