6182Re: [pfaf] Re: planting on public land

  • Dr. Chiranjit Parmar
    Aug 10, 2013
      Dear Gaardiner,

      There is chapter on this apricot in Fruitipedia at the following link:

      The information contained in this chapter is not much.  But I am sorry that I could not find more trhan this on net.

      Since I have luckily found an “expert” now so I will request you kindly have a look at it and add some more information.  For doing this you will have to copy this matter, make additions and then e-mail the revised chapter to me.  I shall upload it.

      Please also send me your address and a photograph.  I shall put it in the acknowledgements.

      A few more wild apricots are also descibed in Fruitipedia.  Three of them viz. Chulli, Sarha and Zardalu grow in India.  Please have a look on these chapters too.

      With best regards,

      Very truly yours,

      Dr. Chiranjit Parmar
      164/3 Jail Road
      Mandi HP 175001
      INDIA
      01905-222810; 094181-81323
      www.fruitipedia.com

      Sent: Saturday, August 10, 2013 6:26 PM
      Subject: [pfaf] Re: planting on public land

      Proudly I can announce having found a reliable local source for (again) a new (less known) wild apricot, which we didn’t have yet: Prunus brigantina, also called P. brigantiaca, Prunier de Briançon, Briançon Plum, Alpine Plum, a.s.o. Is supposed to be true to seed.

      Seems very promising for temperate and maritime climates.

      We‘ll give it a chance and start stratifying in September, together with the last P. fremontii seeds.

      Will be wonderful to evaluate the different apricots, coming from such distant origins.

      From focussing to wild Prunus, our scope went thus narrower because taste and a lot of other qualities of apricots.

      Of course that does not mean that we neglect the other (true to seed) Prunus.

      Therefore a question on our P. emarginata or Bitter Cherries. We have one year seedlings but all of them are refusing to really nice growing. Is there anybody who have any experience with this plant?

      Best greetings,

    • Show all 34 messages in this topic