      From: Joseph A Cleary <josepa2@...>
      To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com
      Cc: Joseph Cleary <josepa2@...>
      Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 9:19 PM
      Subject: Re: [pfaf] Mango seed

                 Dear Daniel:
                     I too have grown a Avocado, mine got so big I had to give mine away, for me it only took two years for it to be bigger than I am.
                     It's like me planting a native Cedar and in two years it was over seven feet tall and it was over four feet across. It too was given away.
                     When you plant your Mango seed you might try to keep it in wet sand, but don't drown it.
                     Good luck.

      From: daniel wildman <spiderman18102@...>
      Subject: [pfaf] Mango seed
      To: "PFF List" <pfaf@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Tuesday, February 21, 2012, 2:54 AM

      Hello all this is the first email of this yr form me anyway.
      Well I bought thi mango they were 10 for $10 so I only out one an feed the flesh to my tortoise, not sure if Plated Lizard ate any. anyway..
      I drided the seed, now the question is how to plant the seed, is there a depth/ certain way to face the seed etc. what kind of soil what kind of pot,
      what kind of light, etc.
      Of course I realize that it will out grow the pot/ Apt some day, but before that I can have fun growing it
      Then you may be ask your self why go though all that just to grow a Mango. For the knowledge/ experience/ an just plain fun of it

      On another subject just related to this I grew a Avocado on guy say it would get 40' tall, had lot of fun with that one too

      Next is a Pineapple, the lady across the street from me grew one hers did great, so I figure  can grow one also, can wait

      Will let you all know how the experiments turn out
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic