5883RE: [pfaf] Re: Free Report "YOU CAN PROFIT BY PRODUCING FOOD PRODUCTS FOR EXPORT"

  • Javier Cosp Fontclara
    Feb 15, 2012

      Marcia:

      Here in Paraguay it is not necessary to go to the jungle. I pick a lot of fruits in the streets
      of the capital, but it is not possible to eat only mangos, guavas or avocados (and other fruits)
      all the time.

      The problem is not overpopulation or bad farming practices.  The problem is that
      the spaniards came in 1492, they divided the land between them,(millions of hect├íreas
      each one) and also divided the indians to work their lands in a kind of feudal system.

      Today something is changed but most of the land still remains in very few people, and
      most of the campesinos dont have land. Those millions of hectareas are dedicated to
      export products like cattle and soya (used to feed the cattle of other countries). So, we
      have a lot of money thanks to export of cattle and soya, but the money goes to only
      a small group of people and most of the people doesnt have money to buy the meat or
      other food. The cows eat very well but the people dont.

      The english in North America divided the land in small parcels that they cultivated themselves
      and began a lot more egalitarian and democratic society where all had a little money
      and that created the conditions for the industrialization of the country.

      In short, the problem is more political than technical.

      Javier Cosp

      To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com
      From: traveler.in.thyme@...
      Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 14:08:59 +0000
      Subject: [pfaf] Re: Free Report "YOU CAN PROFIT BY PRODUCING FOOD PRODUCTS FOR EXPORT"

      I always imagined that people in the tropics could pick food off the jungle trees, and there would always be an abundance. But I suppose overpopulation and bad farming practices are everywhere, not just in my neighborhood.

      Good luck with your excellent project. I have some "edible weeds" from semi-tropical South Central Texas that I could harvest and send to you later this season (cilantro/coriander, chenopodium alba (lamb's quarters/goosefoot/wild spinach), mullein, Italian parsley, semi-wild lettuce that comes up like dandelions, and some seeds that have cross-pollinated from several heirloom varieties that survived our deadly hot dry summers and cold wet winters.

      Please keep in touch and remind me of this promise a bit later in the spring and summer?

      ~Marcia Cash, Traveler in Thyme
      Blanco Texas, zone 8-9

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic