5851RE: [pfaf] Fuchsia berries

  • fran k
    Dec 28, 2011
      Hi I have a source of plants that produce black cherry size ones. the three silamtp I grew at 1000ft in Snowdonia didn't survive the harsh winter last year. they flowered so well though, never known them like that.

      I can send some cuttings they come easily.

      Frank

      ------------------------------
      On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 12:05 GMT Anna Oake wrote:

      >You could grow them im sure, probably very easy, they are all over the place in th UK!
      >If you wanted to try i'm sure two wouldnt mind you havign a go on theirs.. good way to get chatting to folk abot the unknown edibles they have in their gardens too!..X
      >

      >To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com
      >From: johanna.knox@...
      >Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 00:18:59 +1300
      >Subject: Re: [pfaf] Fuchsia berries
      >

      >Hi all
      >

      >I wrote a blog post about fuchsia berries (as well as a little bit about the edible sepals) here:
      >http://wildpicnic.blogspot.com/search/label/Fuchsias
      >

      >Best wishes for the new year,
      >Johanna
      >http://wildpicnic.blogspot.com
      >

      >On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 2:43 PM, Anna Oake <junglistlily@...> wrote:
      >

      > Hey Geir, Yes i've eaten them, and enjoyed!
      >Alittle like a grape crossed with a haw.. Odd but nice,
      >Give them a go! X
      >

      >To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com
      >From: geirf@...
      >Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2011 17:24:32 +0100
      >Subject: [pfaf] Fuchsia berries
      >

      >Anyone having experience with Fuchsia berries.
      >One written source (Norwegian ) mention Fuchsia excorticata as a berry source for the maoris,
      >while wikipedia say the european settlers used it for jam...
      >

      >Geir Flatabø

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic