583[Fwd: SECOND GLOBAL SUMMIT ON MEDICINAL AND AROMATIC PLANTS, October 25 - 29, 2004: NEW DELHI]

  • Richard Morris
    Jul 2 4:30 AM
      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject: SECOND GLOBAL SUMMIT ON MEDICINAL AND AROMATIC PLANTS, October
      25 - 29, 2004: NEW DELHI
      Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 15:13:46 +0530
      From: Anita Mohandas <cenfound@...>
      To: <webmaster@...>

      SECOND GLOBAL SUMMIT ON MEDICINAL AND AROMATIC PLANTS, October 25 - 29,
      2004: NEW DELHI

      Theme: "Prospects and Constraints in Cultivation, Production and
      Marketing of Medicinal Plants".

      Dear Sir/ Madam,

      The Century Foundation, India had organized the First Global Summit on
      Medicinal Plants in Mauritius Island during September 2003 in order to
      attract medicinal plant experts to discuss the recent trends in the
      field of medicinal plants and importance of herbal medicine in the new
      millennium. The Summit was attended by participants from moiré than 20
      countries and more than 100 research papers were presented during the
      event. At the concluding ceremony of the summit, it was decided to
      organize the Second Global Summit on Medicinal and Aromatic plants in
      New Delhi, India during 2004.

      Plants have been a major source of medicine for human kind. As per the
      available information a total of at least 35000 plant species are widely
      used for medicinal purposes. The demand for traditional herbal medicine
      is increasing very rapidly mainly because of harmful effects of
      synthetic chemical drugs. The World Health Organization (WHO) estimated
      that 80% of the population of developing countries depend on traditional
      system of medicine, mostly plant based products for their primary health
      care. The global clamor for more herbal ingredients creates
      possibilities for the local cultivation of medicinal and aromatic crops
      as well as for the regulated and sustainable harvest of wild plants.
      Such endeavours could help raise more rural employment in the developing
      countries, boost commerce around the world and perhaps contribute to the
      health of millions.

      The scheduled summit will be a forum where academicians, researchers,
      producers and personnel from industry share ideas, information and
      experiences, and as well as initiate collaborations and cooperation in
      the development of the world herbal industry. The event will explore
      the world's hopes and concerns for the potential of plant-based
      medicines and other alternative therapies.

      We, on behalf of the Organizing
      Committee, take this opportunity to extend a warm invitation to you to
      attend this eventful Global summit in New Delhi, India from 25-29
      October, 2004. However this is without any financial commitment on the
      part of the organizers.

      Looking Forward to Meeting You All

      With warm Regards

      Dr. V. Sivaram - President
      Dr. Anita M - Organizing Secretary
      C/o Century Foundation
      # 35, 3rd Cross Road, Vignannagar,
      Malleshpalya, Bangalore - 560075, INDIA
      E.mail: confound@...
      Telefax +91-(080)- 23219295, 25244592

      For More Information please visit our
      Website:www.cenfound.org/global/global.html

      --
      p.s. Can I take this opportunity to encourage to you to join our
      friends of Plants For A Future membership scheme. Membership is only

      --
      Plants for a Future: 7000 useful plants
      Tel: 01208 872 963 / 0845 458 4719