      Sent: Friday, October 14, 2011 12:00 AM
      Subject: [pfaf] Apple tree questions

      Two things,

      This year our apple tree which in normally very fruitful, only has apples on the lower 1/3 of the branches.  Does this mean anything to anyone?

      Second, I have noticed white fluffly stuff on the tree,  I think its some sort of fungus.  It looks almost like a bit of thready fluff off a cotton ball.  This is new to our apple tree.

      Any help appreciated.

      Barbara Ebel
      http://www.couturecostume.com
      http://www.greenknowe.org