5790Re: [pfaf] Re: Chenopodium - oxalic acid

  • orb orb
    Oct 4, 2011
      I agree that you would have to eat great quatities to cause any trouble ;but I just thought I ought to mention it. There is a record of some refuges in Austria dying in the 40s; but there probably were just eating fat hen.
      To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, 3 October 2011, 18:45
      Subject: Re: [pfaf] Re: Chenopodium - oxalic acid

      On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 4:09 PM, travelerinthyme <traveler.in.thyme@...> wrote:

      <LOL> Long before you eat enough lambs quarters to give you oxalic acid poisoning, you will be tired of eating them, and your poop will turn green!

      If it were the ONLY veggie you ate, perhaps you'd have a problem, but how much spinach do you like, anyway?

      Well, a quick lookup of scientific literature reveals there are no known cases of oxalic acid poisoning from chenopodiums.

      So, Sir, you are right!

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic