5745Re: [pfaf] fig trees

  • Matthew Sleigh
    Aug 5, 2011
      Hügelkultur

      The practice of making raised beds filled with rotting wood. It is in
      effect creating a Nurse log though covered with dirt. The buried
      decomposing wood will give off heat, as all compost does, for several
      years. This effect has been used by Sepp Holzer for one to allow fruit
      trees to survive at otherwise inhospitable temperatures and altitudes.

      All the best,
      Matthew

      Matthew Sleigh
      B and T World Seeds