      From: Peter Ellis <peter.ellis@...>
      Subject: Re: [pfaf] fig trees
      To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, July 15, 2011, 3:21 PM

      I thought Houston was hot?

      Figs are prolific here in Istria. Half the time people just let the fruit fall on the ground, which is a pity, as they are easy to dry and provide tasty fibre for the winter months.

      Cheers

      Peter

      On 15/07/2011 22:00, Dee Harris wrote:

      I've know people who have grown figs here in Houston, Texas. However, our winters have been getting colder and colder.

      Wolf

      Date: 7/15/2011 1:49:52 PM
      Subject: [pfaf] fig trees

      Any one have links or seeds available for "extra hardy"  figs ?

      I have ( had) - tried
      "brown turkey",  King and Galbon
      got to kjnow these should be hardy figs that are grown in alpine condidions in France..
      but they are not sufficiently hardy to stand a Norwegian winter- above ground.
      I got holod of Afgan figs, that should be even hardier,
      but they died befor beeing able to show how hardy they should be...

      Any help out there ???

      Geir Flatabø

      2011/7/15 mIEKAL aND <qazingulaza@...>
      No one on my other lists have offered a satisfactory ID of these but I
      know you guys won't let me down. Lotsa pictures on the page include a
      good one of the leaves.

      http://english.vietnamnet.vn/en/vietnam-in-photos/10514/five-600-years-old-fig-trees-in-nghe-an.html

      ~mIEKAL

      <*> Your email settings: