5383Re: [pfaf] Re: Composting

  • Bekki Shining Bearheart LMT
    Apr 1, 2011
      Lovely thoughts! I think we often forget that one of the most important
      things we get from the plant world and Nature in general is spiritual
      nurturance that I think goes hand in hand with the physical nurturance
      which sustains life...

      Life is a miracle, we see it every day in Nature.

      fran k wrote:

      > Thats good, I think lifes two outputs, pee and poo the only main
      > replenishers of the soil, are very undervalued!and too much disliked.
      >
      > Ah. Now stones, there your talking. Some time ago I realised that
      > without only water and life cells the earth would be as other planets
      > a rocky moon type surface of dry rocks. And what we see around us, the
      > whole abundance of all the nature in total is that surface but with
      > the addition of water and life cells.
      >
      > The stone particles in the soil are the cup of the soil, theyre what
      > holds the soil together, so if you took the stone particles out, all
      > the rest would blow away on the wind, in a puff of dust. The word cup
      > because it holds everything to do its job, as well as as you intimate
      > the minerals are needed from it. I think I got the word cup from
      > thinking of it like the mother is the cup that holds the milk for the
      > child. So I see the stone as the mother, or motherer. Romantically, I
      > think thats a part of why there are So many standing stones in uk,
      > they didnt need to embellish them more than they were, because
      > spiritually the stone alone is the top, as it is the mother, symbolic
      > of the nurturer.
      >
      > I really find all of the simplicity this, of soil and life so amazing.
      >
      > The silt, stone, the manure replenishing it, the water, and us cells,
      > as life. within the soil as bugs etc, more amazing still that all
      > life, cells, plant animal fungi trees and the bugs, is either one
      > single circle with a dot in the middle of it, a sole cell, or all the
      > other life which is these same cells joined up.
      >
      > Apparently if you mix clay with sand it produces wonderful soil.
      >
      > Now, thats interesting what you said about larger stones leaching out
      > there goodness, it does seem sense. Frank
      >
      > On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 13:55 BST madalyn warren wrote:
      >
      > >coming from a region where we have "2 rocks for every dirt" all rocks
      > >smaller than my fist stay in the field. plus, i have a hunch there is a
      > >slow mineral release from them. very slow.
      > >
      > >just started snowing here in the the northwest catskills, madalyn
      > >
      > >On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 8:51 AM, Gail Lloyd
      > <gardenchick1949@... <mailto:gardenchick1949%40yahoo.com>>wrote:
      > >

      > >> Well said :) We might add that the rocks break down into soil
      > eventually,
      > >> also.
      > >> Gail

    • Show all 54 messages in this topic