5281RE: [pfaf] re: fennel seeds and estragole

  • fran k
    Mar 6, 2011
      I wonder if its just the selling of them thatll be illegal. If your into free and the gift economy then maybe Itll further promote that. About time too. We create abundance instead of only valuing lack of things. See the positive. They maybe shooting themselves in the foot. Opening a can of abundance.

      Theyre only doing it because they care about us though. Looking after our interests so we dont get electric shocks, fall off a roof, get pinned down under a car. Regulation, its good for us. Everything will be totally regulated soon. Something to look forward to, isnt it. Well, I just cant wait till we can buy clean air, not this free polluted stuff weve got to breathe. Also dont you think its unsightly all that washing people dangle on ropes outside their dwellings?

      Futures bright. Future is us fat little jelly blobs inside electric little self contained cars called Daleks.with all that cyber stuff to play with, taking our orders from those high celebrities.

      .! :)

      On Sun, 06 Mar 2011 17:54 GMT Elaine Sommers wrote:

      >Can I just say, as someone studying herbalism and nutrition, that I agree with all of this. The subject is so huge it could go on and on.
      >
      >Just a note on keeping herbs available and legal - I can't see how they can reasonably prevent people growing their own medicines in the form of herbs. You'd have to ban so many plants it would be like a police state, heaven forbid! I did have to send away to the USA to get hold of some lobelia tincture which is quite annoying, but I'm sure I could grow my own if I really wanted to. (I live in the UK)
      >
      >Blessings,
      >Elaine.
      >
      >"We are shaped and fashioned by what we love"
      > Goethe
      >
      >"Losing your mind can be a peak experience!"
      > Jane Wagner
      >
      >"Our nature lies in movement; complete calm is death."
      > Blaise Pascal
      >
      >". . . the greatest peril of life lies in the fact that human food consists entirely of souls. All the creatures that we have to kill to eat, all those that we have to strike down and destroy to make clothes for ourselves, have souls, souls that do not perish with the body . . . All that exists lives."
      >
      >from 'Shaman, the wounded healer' by J. Halifax, 1982
      >

      >To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com
      >From: Infowolf1@...
      >Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 10:06:09 -0500
      >Subject: Re: [pfaf] re: fennel seeds and estragole
      >

      >yes, but a lot of people don't think like that. They figure if its "natural" it is safe.
      >
      >Like Bekki assumes that any announcement of carcinogenic problems in some
      >active constituents of a herb is just propaganda from "the powers that be."
      >The effects of these constituents don't work at small or infrequent dosing,
      >
      >An issue in that post she is reacting to, is use on an infant.
      >
      >but a herbal non "powers that be" source noted that echinacea is so
      >safe, that you do not have to worry about overdosing EVEN ON AN INFANT,
      >obviously therefore others are not so safe for a small and sensitive person.
      >
      >Dill is referenced as safe for infants. it has been in use for generations.
      >
      >If Bekki would check on herbalist books, she would find all sorts of
      >contraindications for some herbs for some conditions, for nursing,
      >for pregnancy, and some are a mixed bag of trick on the latter.
      >
      >some herbs are not safe for pets, others are. the principle of chemotherapy,
      >dose high enough to kill the disease but low enough not to kill the patient,
      >could indeed be an issue in some cases.
      >
      >I remember years ago, I beat an infection that would normally have taken
      >a couple of bottles of antibiotics, using myrrh, goldenseal and something
      >else. That was a whole bottle of myrrh pills in a few days.
      >
      >I felt oddly sick after that, like I had a minor poisoning problem. But it
      >worked.
      >
      >A general rule also, is that you do not use echinacea to prevent colds,
      >because sure, it boosts the immune system, but that is not how it
> [...]
    • Show all 28 messages in this topic