5257fennel seeds and estragole

  • Annalisa Balestrino
    Mar 2 7:53 AM
      Dear All,
      I was advised not to use fennel seed tea for my daughter who is 2 years old.
      I pass this piece of info to you, especially to breastfeeding mothers and mothers of children less than 4 years old in case they are not aware of the negative effects of fennel,
      the information is published in Italian on the Italian website: http://www.inran.it/         Inran stands for Istituto Nazionale di Ricerca per gli Alimenti e la Nutrizione, National Research Institute for food and nutrition, it is a public research body under the surveillance of the Ministry for agriculture, food and forest policies:

      fennel seeds contain a substance called estragole which is carcinogenic, it should not be given to children under 4 years old. Here in Italy the fennel seed tea has been used for AGES to calm stomach gases in infants and newborns.

      Annalisa

    • Show all 28 messages in this topic