5110Re: suspended composter

  • neil996481
    Jan 24, 2011
      I have had one for a few years and to date have been disappointed with its performance - plan to move it from the north side of my buildings to a warmer position this year and give it another go. Generally, I agree that they are overpriced for what they are. To obtain anything like decent results you need to pay very close attention to the balance between green matter and drier carbon rich material.

      Neil

      --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "erez_00" <erez_00@...> wrote:

      > I am familiar with composters built so that the composting material contacts bare earth.
      >
      > I just saw a commercial composter that is a barrel suspended in the air. There is no contact with earth, but you can easily stir the compost by rotating the barrel.
      >
      > Does anyone know if this kind of composter is any good?

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic