5011Re: [pfaf] Plants that are good to pick now, before they change texture flavor

    May 4, 2010
      -
      but the bittercress is so tiny / small¨
      or do you have a big clone ???
      Geir Flatabø

      2010/5/3 Elaine Sommers elainesommers@...

      I have also harvested bittercress (cardamine hirsuta) which is really wonderful in salads, even nicer than watercress in my opinion.

      Blessings,
      Elaine XX

      "We are shaped and fashioned by what we love"
        Goethe

      "Losing your mind can be a peak experience!"
        Jane Wagner

      "Our nature lies in movement; complete calm is death."
        Blaise Pascal

      ". . . the greatest peril of life lies in the fact that human food consists entirely of souls. All the creatures that we have to kill to eat, all those that we have to strike down and destroy to make clothes for ourselves, have souls, souls that do not perish with the body . . . All that exists lives."

      from 'Shaman, the wounded healer' by J. Halifax, 1982

      To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com
      From: geirf@...
      Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 18:04:09 +0200
      Subject: Re: [pfaf] Plants that are good to pick now, before they change texture flavor

      Any latin name for Pine nettles ??
      NEver heard about thet before,,

      best wild greens her by now are:
      Alliums -  victorialis, and ursinum,
      Pennyroyal - Thlaspi alpestre
      Cardamine pratensis,
      Aegopodium podagraria--
      and of course
      Rumex acetosa..

      Geir Flatabø

      (norway)
      2010/5/3 Francis S <manofpeace32@...>
      Pine Nettles
       Burdock root
      japenese maple ( Acer ) leaves
      young dandelion leaves
      morels(mushrooms hollow, and not red beef stakes)
      (chicken mushroom I do not have much experience of it
       but I plan to harvest some(of the correct species) and cook it this year.)

      pine nettles
      I like the old leaves the young leaves have a lemon taste to them.
      \
      Burdock root Can get gritty when it gets older.
       (I think late may), and it isn't crisp like a carrot.
      the flower stalk is used.

      I know I didn't word That title too good.
      I left some out I just wanted to start this.
      I hope I can get some plants I didn't know of before.
      Young Curly dock(rumex crispus) leaves I accualy like the older leaves/

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
         (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
         pfaf-digest@yahoogroups.com
         pfaf-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

         http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      Get a new e-mail account with Hotmail – Free. Sign-up now.

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic