5004Re: [pfaf] Plants that are good to pick now, before they change texture flavor

    May 3, 2010
      Any latin name for Pine nettles ??
      NEver heard about thet before,,
      best wild greens her by now are:
      Alliums -  victorialis, and ursinum,
      Pennyroyal - Thlaspi alpestre
      Cardamine pratensis,
      Aegopodium podagraria--
      and of course
      Rumex acetosa..
      Geir Flatabø
      2010/5/3 Francis S <manofpeace32@...>
      Pine Nettles
       Burdock root
      japenese maple ( Acer ) leaves
      young dandelion leaves
      morels(mushrooms hollow, and not red beef stakes)
      (chicken mushroom I do not have much experience of it
       but I plan to harvest some(of the correct species) and cook it this year.)

      pine nettles
      I like the old leaves the young leaves have a lemon taste to them.
      Burdock root Can get gritty when it gets older.
       (I think late may), and it isn't crisp like a carrot.
      the flower stalk is used.

      I know I didn't word That title too good.
      I left some out I just wanted to start this.
      I hope I can get some plants I didn't know of before.
      Young Curly dock(rumex crispus) leaves I accualy like the older leaves/

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to: