4995Re: [pfaf] Re: Persimmon propagation

  • Organic Life
    Apr 25, 2010
      Thank you for the furthering of this thread...I like your website idea too...I wish you the most splendid luck. I like Wix.com for a site or zen cart if you ever wish to sell things.
      My little sprouts still have not made it to the surface...boo...however I do like your idea.

      On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 4:10 AM, Francis S <manofpeace32@...> wrote:

      Im not sure if anyone alse wrote this, y
      you mentioned it being dry so maybe this could help too.

      I have found a terarium to work for starting seeds,
      any aqarium sealed I cut A piece of cardboard, ,
      and line it with a platic garbage bag
      to hold in the humidity while they are in pots.
      (Im not sure you you need to,
      but I even add water out side the pots)

      but I even use a plasic Grocery bag
      puffed out not wrapped up for building up humidity.

      I have even went as far as fermenting wine inside the aquarium.
      (In a glass gallon size jar)

      Uncovering it at night IS what I do,
      I also use soil thats not to pasty,
      (it acts different in pots)
      Some decaying leaf matter from a forest floor may be useful.

      --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, Organic Life <Brave.life.earth@...> wrote:

      > thank you for your many great suggestions...I appreciate all of you...the
      > seeds have gone through wintering and also they have been kept moist...here
      > in Texas we get lots of dry spells...of which I think this tiny wild
      > persimmon is adapted to...but I have tried to keep it moist and also have
      > conditions of its original habitat...i did allow some of the seeds to relish
      > in the flesh of the fruits and decay as well...hopefully soon some little
      > sprouts will become available for me...take care

    • Show all 21 messages in this topic