4814iRe: Cherry Plum for hedging - update

  • i23testingcyborg2000
    Feb 2, 2010
      Yes I know cherry plums taste good Grisidy!...was thinking about the possibility of them being distinct cultivars of cherry plum. Can you go and dig up a load of different suckerings for me now please?!

      I think they will be vigorous stock and so good for not just intentional hedge creation but also gurellia type plantings in suitable locations. i can dispatch a suckering (own roots) variety of damson in return...i would say a kooking damson, very hardy.

      --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, Griselda Mussett <griselda1@...> wrote:

      > I think slightly different... though, you know, it is very hard to
      > separate out one's senses when there is a glory of fresh fruit in
      > front of you. But, I think they did have differences. I would want
      > all three for that reason. They kept their colour, too, when simply
      > cooked into a dish of stewed plums. Divine, actually!
      >

      > On 2 Feb 2010, at 19:34, i23testingcyborg2000 wrote:
      >
      > > ...was the taste the same?
      > >
      > > --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, Griselda Mussett <griselda1@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Presumably not as the fruit-colours often seemed to be planted in
      > > > groups. Otherwise, size, weight, smell all very similar.
      > > > But I don't really know...I was just a happy gatherer!

      > > planted
      > > colours of
      > > compotes,

      > > may

      > > for a new
      > > cherry

      > > it's

      > > > The news isn't that fruits and vegetables are good for you ~ it's
      > > > that they are so good for you they could save your life.
      > > > By David Bjerklie, TIME Magazine, October 20,
      > > > 2003
      > > > Premium PLUS+ Capsules contain 26 fruits, vegetables, oats and
      > > > grains. The ingredients are apples, cranberries, dates, oranges,
      > > > papaya, peaches, pineapples, beets, broccoli, carrots, cabbage,
      > > kale,
      > > > tomatoes, parsley, garlic, spinach, blueberries, cranberries,
      > > > Concorde grape, blackberries, bilberries, grape seed, raspberry,
      > > > elderberries, red currants, and black currants. rice bran (no
      > > > gluten), and oats (no gluten).
      > > >
      > > > Check it out:
      > > > www.takejuiceplus.co.uk

      > The news isn't that fruits and vegetables are good for you ~ it's
      > that they are so good for you they could save your life.
      > By David Bjerklie, TIME Magazine, October 20,
      > 2003
      > Premium PLUS+ Capsules contain 26 fruits, vegetables, oats and
      > grains. The ingredients are apples, cranberries, dates, oranges,
      > papaya, peaches, pineapples, beets, broccoli, carrots, cabbage, kale,
      > tomatoes, parsley, garlic, spinach, blueberries, cranberries,
      > Concorde grape, blackberries, bilberries, grape seed, raspberry,
      > elderberries, red currants, and black currants. rice bran (no
      > gluten), and oats (no gluten).
      >
      > Check it out:
      > www.takejuiceplus.co.uk

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic