      Da: Steve <permalove@...>
      A: pfaf@yahoogroups.com
      Inviato: Ven 22 gennaio 2010, 18:58:13
      Oggetto: [pfaf] Re: any particular use for Christmas tree branches?

      Hi Everyone,

      I have been inoculating christmas trees with edible mushroom mycelium.
      I used Phoenix Fir Oyster mushroom mycelium on softwood dowels.
      Tools required were a drill, 5/16 inch bit and a mallet.

      If you visit www.fungi.com you can see some of the products I've used.
      The dowels are under the name "Plug Spawn."

      In a normal garden setting in Bermuda, I got results at almost exactly
      the same time I inoculated in the previous year (in other words, time
      till fruiting was about 1 year), and I didn't do anything except spray
      water once in a while and cover the logs with some burlap (a.k.a.
      hessian).

      Nice use of a throw-away resource.

      Peace,

      Steve.

      --
      By my own example I hoped to become a living refutation to the cult of
      anointed expertise which has poisoned every aspect of our liberties.

      ~ John Taylor Gatto
      (from "Dumbing Us Down)

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic