4799Re: [pfaf] iRe: Cherry Plum for hedging - update

  • Griselda Mussett
    Jan 28, 2010
      Last autumn my h and I garnered carboot-loads of beautiful ripe cherry plums from the verges where they had fallen along the miles of orchards in the tiny country lanes in East Kent.  These are planted around all the commercial apple orchards as hedging. The colours of the fruits were glorious - golden, red and blue.   Absolutely delicious, bursting with flavour, made beautiful jams and compotes, and ice-cream too.   Stunning fruit, terrible waste.  Yum yum.

      It was an exceptionally good year for fruit of course, and we may not see such bounty every year, but still.... it was wonderful.

      Griselda

      On 28 Jan 2010, at 22:02, i23testingcyborg2000 wrote:

      This place has lots of good edible etc hedging plants at sound prices:

      http://www.buckingh am-nurseries. co.uk/acatalog/ Index_Hedging_ _Trees__Shrubs_ __Conifers_ 1.html

      --- In pfaf@yahoogroups. com, "i23testingcyborg20 00" <cromlech108@ ...> wrote:

      > Hi, I've been looking for good fruiting/nutting plants for a new hedgerow in Sussex, UK. I found this supplier of (own root) cherry plums:
      >
      > http://the-plant- directory. co.uk/prunus- cerasifera- cherry-plum- 4060cm-pack- of-10-p-3724. html?currency= GBP
      >
      > Sweet! - think I'm going to get 100.

      The news isn't that fruits and vegetables are good for you ~ it's that they are so good for you they could save your life.
                             By David Bjerklie, TIME Magazine, October 20, 2003
      Premium PLUS+ Capsules contain 26 fruits, vegetables, oats and grains. The ingredients are applescranberriesdatesorangespapayapeachespineapplesbeetsbroccolicarrotscabbagekaletomatoesparsleygarlicspinach, blueberriescranberries, Concorde grape, blackberriesbilberries, grape seed, raspberry, elderberries, red currants, and black currants. rice bran (no gluten), and oats (no gluten).

      Check it out:
      www.takejuiceplus.co.uk

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic