      From: Infowolf1@...
      To: pfaf@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: 5/5/09 5:42 PM
      Subject: Re: [pfaf] Cow's parsnip

      There is a small, narrow focus blow torch for jewelers, tiny, well,
      real small. This could be used directly on the weed, with a fire
      extinguisher in the other hand in case something went wrong.

      In a message dated 5/5/2009 2:39:35 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
      gardenchick1949@... writes:

      You could:
      1) mow or cut it down & put black plastic over it for a couple of weeks
      (hold down edges of plastic with heavy rocks)
      2) mow or cut it down & put newspaper or cardboard, then an organic mulch
      or compost over it.
      3) you could pour boiling water over it.
      4) you can use a flame. Per hgtv.com "You connect the supplied hose to a
      standard propane tank, then pass the flame (at a temperature of 2000
      degrees Fahrenheit) briefly over a weed. Almost immediately the weed will begin
      to turn dark green and show signs of wilting. Within a day or two, the weed
      will be gone forever. Of course, you wouldn’t want to use this in the
      midst of a drought or anywhere near flammable materials, but under safe
      conditions it can be a real timesaver."
      Gail