3971Re: [pfaf] Cow's parsnip

  • Infowolf1@aol.com
    May 5, 2009
      There is a small, narrow focus blow torch for jewelers, tiny, well,
      real small. This could be used directly on the weed, with a fire
      extinguisher in the other hand in case something went wrong.

      In a message dated 5/5/2009 2:39:35 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
      gardenchick1949@... writes:

      You could:
      1) mow or cut it down & put black plastic over it for a couple of weeks
      (hold down edges of plastic with heavy rocks)
      2) mow or cut it down & put newspaper or cardboard, then an organic mulch
      or compost over it.
      3) you could pour boiling water over it.
      4) you can use a flame. Per hgtv.com "You connect the supplied hose to a
      standard propane tank, then pass the flame (at a temperature of 2000
      degrees Fahrenheit) briefly over a weed. Almost immediately the weed will begin
      to turn dark green and show signs of wilting. Within a day or two, the weed
      will be gone forever. Of course, you wouldn’t want to use this in the
      midst of a drought or anywhere near flammable materials, but under safe
      conditions it can be a real timesaver."
      Gail

      --- On Tue, 5/5/09, fastone123 <_jbwoods2@..._

      From: fastone123 <_jbwoods2@..._ (mailto:jbwoods2@...) >
      Subject: [pfaf] Cow's parsnip
      To: _pfaf@..._ (mailto:pfaf@yahoogroups.com)
      Date: Tuesday, May 5, 2009, 1:06 PM

      Could someone please tell me a way to get rid of this very invasive plant
      . I made a mistake a few years ago and transplanted a plant in my flower
      garden and now the sucker is everywhere and I am having trouble killing it ,
      Is agricultural vinegar considered to be organic ,I am using it and having
      some success but it is very expensive could some one please help John

      steps! (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x
      1221322931x1201367171/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=115&bcd
      =May5509AvgfooterNO115)