3935Re: [pfaf] Re: Pecan Seeds

  • mIEKAL aND
    Apr 27, 2009
      This is why people plant hybrid chestnuts. A lot of folks in my area
      growing them in southwest WI & of course Badgersett Farms has been
      working on breeding them for nigh on 30 years. I've been getting good
      production from about 5 trees for a few years now. A neighbor has
      thousands planted.

      ~mIEKAL

      On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 12:48 PM, chex.rice <chex.rice@...> wrote:

      > Sara, in America Chestnuts have all but been wiped out by the Chestnut
      > Blight. Sad to say, it would not be a good idea to plant American Chestnuts
      > in America because a tree would have very little chance of making it to
      > maturity.
      >
      > If ya have a short growing season or harsh winters, I really recommend
      > getting ahold of Gary Fernald at garyfernald@... about getting some of
      > these seeds.
      >
      > Chris
      > zone 5a, IL, USA
      >
      > --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, Sara Elbrai <selbrai@...> wrote:
      >>

      >> Are you planting any American chestnuts?
      >>
      >> Sara

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic