3875Re:Hardiness (Re: Pecan Seeds)

  • J H
    Apr 16, 2009
      Hi,
      The most winter-hardy Pecan cultivar seems to be "Nothern Pecan". I came across it on the internet. It seems to be grown northwards up to Ontario, eventually even commercially. I was interested in gettings some seeds, seedlings or small trees in Europe myself. So far, I haven't come across a source. Nothern Pecan is mentioned on an internet site from the U.S.A. However, I didn't get a reply to my request at the email address given on that site.

      Regards,

      J.