3761Re: A farm for the Future, great documentary!

  • R. Dale Asberry
    Mar 14, 2009
      I have Edible Forest Gardens! Fantastic set of books... well worth the investment. I've also read the Mother Earth News lasagna gardening and have started implementing it en-masse in my forest garden. Was trying to increase organic matter in the soil by digging it up and mixing it with manure and peat. Lasagna is SO much easier.

      --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "ryborgryborg268" <cromlech108@...> wrote:

      > http://www.motherearthnews.com/Organic-Gardening/1999-04-01/Lasagna-Gardening.aspx
      >
      > --- In pfaf@yahoogroups.com, "ryborgryborg268" <cromlech108@> wrote:
      > >
      > > wow! Mother Earth news! YIP!
      > >
      > > Take a look at these books:
      > >
      > > http://www.edibleforestgardens.com/
      > >
      > > ..incredible thesis and practical manual, groundbreaking. Get this from the library.
      > >
      > > ..and...
      > >
      > > Perennial Vegetables: From Artichokes to Zuiki Taro, A Gardener's Guide to Over 100 Delicious and Easy to Grow Edibles by Eric Toensmeier. Easier than the previous volume - start with this book. Describes the 'sheet mulching' techinque very very well, and in a perennial vegetable/plants context. Read this and you'll want to enact this in any private or community garden.
      > >
      > > Both these books fit very well with the PFAF future ethos.

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic